Menu

found a lump - crappy update on p 14

hornblower

So sorry to hear this, Hornblower. But man, you are strong!  To be struggling with this and going on with your schooling?  Good for you!  Take the time now to cry and breath.  Then get out and walk with that sweet dog of yours and love on her.  You got this, praying for you!

I am so sorry! Cancer is evil. 

And although I have no idea if this information is helpful, my mom had lung cancer and a lobectomy and at first they said her only option was traditional open chest surgery, but we researched and found that thorascopic surgery was an option as well. She had that instead and it is much less invasive and easier to recover from is my understanding. She went to Duke university for that surgery and they continue to do her follow ups years later - one of the professors there invented the instruments for the surgery I believe. 

If there is anything we can do, please let us know. 

In the meantime, watch all the bad tv you want. If you need suggestions of books to keep your mind off things I'm sure we can recommend those as well - otherwise enjoy the brain break and know that your health is the first priority, everything else can wait. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Selkie said:

Oh Hornblower, I'm so sorry for your bad news. Someone I know has had stage 4 breast cancer for over ten years and is still alive and kicking and living a good life. I hope that is how it goes for you, too.

I know someone who had it for 7+ years.  This field of study is only getting better and better at fighting cancer.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Arctic Mama said:

I’m so sorry!  I don’t want to ‘like’ your post on tumblr but I can’t leave a comment.  It totally sucks and I’m so sorry you got this incredibly difficult, scary news.  Praying you can still have good time in good health for as long as possible.

I didn't want to deal with comment moderation and spam but I kwym.  my email is mistressofthehounds and it is at the very very very large search engine company if anyone would like to write privately. If there are questions I could answer those in later posts on the blog  (i'll try to add this to the update post too so it's easier to find)

I'm in the phase where I can kind of only do 1 thing per day and reading your comments and writing this might be the one thing. I'm going to go back to trying to level up in candy crush.

Thank you everyone. I feel your love.

xoxo

• Like 22

Oh, hornblower, I am so sorry to read this. You are truly one of my favorite posters here, one with whom I imagine being friends in some magical realm beyond the internet. I’m holding you in the light. Are there clinical trials you might be eligible for? Sending love and hope! 💓💓💓

• Like 1

I'm sorry too. There are no words I can come up with anymore when someone says these things they are going through. Having been in the mire with it with my husband last year I know how I felt ...We love you and we care about you deeply. Be thinking about you today and sending positive vibes your way. 🐶 

• Like 1