Menu

found a lump - crappy update on p 14

hornblower

I hope you make it to your Special Event today! 

It sounds like you and your medical team are doing an amazing job of getting right on top of this, even down to getting a surgery date almost a month earlier than originally planned. School seems to be falling into place, too. Please let this give you the peace of mind necessary to focus solely on resting and healing. Something tells me you'll be back to school and life in no time, and with a healthy vengeance! 

:wub:  Rest well, and know that so many people are thinking of you and rooting for your recovery.

• Like 5

Gasp! The surgery was today and I totally missed it until now! Prayers for you as you are hopefully, by now, in recovery. I'll be watching this thread more closely from now on!

I missed it, too! I have been praying for you every day, but didn't realize you had updated the thread.

I'm so glad the surgery went well. How long will it be before you find out if they got all of the cancer?

• Like 2

Hope it went well and last night you got to attend your event/show.

I finally went in for my over due boob squishing a couple weeks ago and had to stay for extra squishing then an ultrasound - doctors looked at everything before I was allowed to leave but consensus was my new little lump was a result of that dang car crash over three years ago now (yes, my last mammogram was four years ago). A lump of dead fatty tissue from seat belt trauma. Since my poor boob had looked like a friggin' eggplant for weeks after the crash, I am not surprised.

I will be more attentive about yearly mammograms now!

Edited by JFSinIL
  • Like 2

I missed it, too! I have been praying for you every day, but didn't realize you had updated the thread.

I'm so glad the surgery went well. How long will it be before you find out if they got all of the cancer?

I think that might take a bit of time but who knows.

Now the tumor and the lymph node go to the pathologists and I think there are at least two of them who have to examine it, poke it and do all their science stuff and sign off on good margins. If the margins are not good, we will need to do a re-excision. Normally they say 2 weeks for the results but that's smack in the middle of xmas vacations and so it might not be till closer to 3 weeks. The pathology report also will have the oncotype testing - I think they send that to the company in the US who does it -  and all the other info they'll need in order to to decide on chemo+radiation v. radiation alone. 

Take time to heal. Rest. Sleep. Eat. Nap. Rest some more. :)

Yes, that was definitely all I did yesterday.

I never did make it out to the event. 

I got up, got dressed, ate a bit, sat on the couch and the room was kind of spinning and I just wanted to go back to bed.  I was just so hungover from the anesthesia meds that all I wanted to do was sleep. I couldn't even read or scroll through twitter or watch tv, I just wanted to doze in bed.  Dh stayed home with me and the kids went alone and sent pictures and took some video and late last night I could finally look at some of it. 

• Like 12

• 1 month later...

Hey everyone - just thought I'd update that I'll be starting chemo on Feb 15.

I'll have 8 doses of chemo, once every 2 weeks. 

It took a bit of time to get here & additional genomic testing to help us navigate the best course for my case but we're confident with our oncologist's recommendations. 

Thanks for the update. God be with you. :grouphug:

• Like 1

Praying it all works well so later on you can share your success story with others who find themselves walking the same path.

May your strength and mind stay strong and the side effects be minimal.

And no matter what, know you're loved by all of us here, so are always welcome to share highs and lows, the good, the bad, the ugly.  Venting can definitely help - as can even minor celebrations.  You don't need to keep it all to yourself afraid you're boring anyone. 

:grouphug:

• Like 8