Menu

found a lump - crappy update on p 14

• Replies 767
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

just a quick update   met with my surgeon & we have a plan!    scheduled for surgery on Jan 3, might go earlier if a slot is found  (oh & for those who don't know, I'm in Canada. It's all

So, deep breath........ my cancer is back and it has spread  almost exactly 26 months after my surgery after which I was supposedly 'cancer free' and the 5 months of chemo and all the radiatio

Hi everyone! Just wanted to say I've finished Phase 1 of my chemo (adriamycin and cyclophosphamide)  YAY!!! Now a 2 week break and then Phase 2:  I'll do 12 weeks of weekly Taxol injections.  And then

Posted Images

I missed it, too! I have been praying for you every day, but didn't realize you had updated the thread.

I'm so glad the surgery went well. How long will it be before you find out if they got all of the cancer?

I think that might take a bit of time but who knows.

Now the tumor and the lymph node go to the pathologists and I think there are at least two of them who have to examine it, poke it and do all their science stuff and sign off on good margins. If the margins are not good, we will need to do a re-excision. Normally they say 2 weeks for the results but that's smack in the middle of xmas vacations and so it might not be till closer to 3 weeks. The pathology report also will have the oncotype testing - I think they send that to the company in the US who does it -  and all the other info they'll need in order to to decide on chemo+radiation v. radiation alone. 

Take time to heal. Rest. Sleep. Eat. Nap. Rest some more. :)

Yes, that was definitely all I did yesterday.

I never did make it out to the event. 

I got up, got dressed, ate a bit, sat on the couch and the room was kind of spinning and I just wanted to go back to bed.  I was just so hungover from the anesthesia meds that all I wanted to do was sleep. I couldn't even read or scroll through twitter or watch tv, I just wanted to doze in bed.  Dh stayed home with me and the kids went alone and sent pictures and took some video and late last night I could finally look at some of it. 

• Like 13
  • 1 month later...

Hey everyone - just thought I'd update that I'll be starting chemo on Feb 15.

I'll have 8 doses of chemo, once every 2 weeks. 

It took a bit of time to get here & additional genomic testing to help us navigate the best course for my case but we're confident with our oncologist's recommendations. 

Thanks for the update. God be with you. :grouphug:

• Like 1

Hey everyone - just thought I'd update that I'll be starting chemo on Feb 15.

I'll have 8 doses of chemo, once every 2 weeks.

It took a bit of time to get here & additional genomic testing to help us navigate the best course for my case but we're confident with our oncologist's recommendations.

This is the Spring you beat cancer.

Let it be so.

• Like 11

Praying it all works well so later on you can share your success story with others who find themselves walking the same path.

May your strength and mind stay strong and the side effects be minimal.

And no matter what, know you're loved by all of us here, so are always welcome to share highs and lows, the good, the bad, the ugly.  Venting can definitely help - as can even minor celebrations.  You don't need to keep it all to yourself afraid you're boring anyone. 

:grouphug:

• Like 8

I have been praying for you every morning and night. I wish there was more that I could do!

Thank you for posting the update — I have been wondering how you were doing, but I didn’t want to keep asking because I was thinking that this forum won’t be a good distraction for you if I keep reminding you of the thing you’re probably trying to distract yourself from thinking about!

• Like 1

The genomic testing is such a great thing. I know it’s got to be so overwhelming, but knowing that your treatment can now be custom matched to you and the mutation you had should give you so much hope. That’s the field I worked in before retiring to stay home with kids and it was nothing short of miraculous what we were seeing with those treatments being matched to patients. It was a complete game changer. I can’t even imagine how much better things are now years later. I am glad you have a good oncologist who you can trust and pray you weather the chemo as well as possible and make a full recovery.

• Like 6

Prayers for you, hornblower, that you stay strong and positive throughout these next months. You can do it!

Surround yourself with positive people, and don't be afraid to ask for help. That's hard sometimes!

If you have any questions or just want to talk with someone who's been through it, I'm here. I had the same regimen of chemo back in 2015, followed by radiation. I'm doing great today, with my old energy back and clean scans. You will get there, too!!

• Like 7