Menu

Our grandbaby girl, baby A, was born last night, stillborn.

Faith-manor

I am just gutted. I don't know how to comfort my daughter and son in law. (This daughter is not officially ours but would have been had she been available for adoption.) We are Marmee and Papa Mark to little A. 

I am leaving in a while to drive home from Alabama so I can be there to take care them when they get home from the hospital tomorrow.

We don't know why she died. I am worried that the doctors and pathology will not look for the cause because our daughter is on Medicaid because both she and her husband's full time jobs do not provide medical insurance.

I am not in a good place emotionally at the moment. I also need to be strong for them.

• Sad 122

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I’m so sorry. My first obgyn in the states didn’t care about anything either for my second pregnancy, even though my obgyn from my country of origin wrote a stack of notes and already classified both my pregnancies as high risk. We went hunting for a better one and luckily found an obgyn with her own clinic that was good. My friend had a miscarriage 17 years ago and her obgyn didn’t look into why either. We had United Healthcare and Aetna for insurance so insurance wasn’t the issue. Hopefully you are able to advocate for them. 

• Sad 2

One of the things I remember most about losing my son, Joshua, over 27 years ago this fall is that my mom came from CA and stayed with me. I remember shopping at an antique store with her at one point and choosing a small item to remind us of our time together. Your presence is a great comfort.

• Like 21

I am so very sorry. It is hard to be the parent of a child facing/experiencing the loss of a baby. I am walking my daughter through this right now. I never feel like I know what to say, but I am there if she ever wants to talk. Your emotions are all over the place right now. You are grieving your grandchild as well as trying to comfort your child. My thoughts are with you.

• Sad 12