Menu

I’m proud of myself today

Mrs Tiggywinkle

9 minutes ago, Kassia said:

Wow, it is not stupid at all to be proud of yourself - that is quite an accomplishment!  Congratulations!

There’s some people in my life who think I’m being kind of silly making a big deal out of today.  I mean the graduation is virtual and I’m not throwing myself a party or anything, but I am getting a nice dinner and treating myself to a pedicure.  Like, I really want to celebrate this and I want my daughter to know she can accomplish anything.

I am staying for a terminal degree(MFA) so maybe it is kind of silly.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 4

There is absolutely nothing silly about this! Frankly, I’m jealous of your determination, lol. Not only did you get to this place, you got to this place as a mom, as a mom with an intense job, as a mom with an intense job and a lot of personal stuff going on, and as a mom with an intense job and a lot of personal stuff DURING A PANDEMIC. Hulloooooo!  That’s some amazing fortitude right there!!!

Congratulations!

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mrs Tiggywinkle said:

There’s some people in my life who think I’m being kind of silly making a big deal out of today.  I mean the graduation is virtual and I’m not throwing myself a party or anything, but I am getting a nice dinner and treating myself to a pedicure.  Like, I really want to celebrate this and I want my daughter to know she can accomplish anything.

You get yourself appetizers and a nice dessert, too!

plus a “look at my toes” nail color for your pedicure

fabulous job!

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Mrs Tiggywinkle said:

Ignore anyone who thinks you're being silly - they are absolutely wrong!  This is a huge accomplishment!  I'm glad you are celebrating your achievement and I think you are a great role model for your daughter!  Enjoy your dinner and your pedicure!  🙂

• Like 6

I have been thinking all morning about the people who think you’re silly for celebrating and they’re just so wrong. Perhaps they don’t understand the amount of work it takes to get a master’s? Esp while parenting and working full time. 

Or maybe they’re jealous or feel threatened by your new status as a graduate.

Whatever their reasons, they’re wrong. Absolutely celebrate.

• Like 9

Congratulations!!! This is huge!

Don't listen for one second to anyone who suggests otherwise. Honestly, relishing our highs and accomplishments is a kind of self-care, and an important pillar for emotional health. Even more so after everything you've been through. I celebrated after decluttering my bookshelves, for heaven's sake, and earning your degree is a bazillion times bigger than that.

So happy to hear your good news and know that the Hive is celebrating with you, @Mrs Tiggywinkle! It's definitely time to break out your dancing shoes, cake and bubbly or whatever feels like a party to you. As for me, I'm grinning from ear to ear just hearing your good news this morning--thank you!

Edited by Acadie
  • Like 3

It's not silly--that's a big deal! And you should be rightfully proud of it! I don't even know you, and I'm proud of you, lol. Definitely an accomplishment to celebrate.

And as an aside--again, I don't know you--but somehow I think this social work angle is going to fit who you are and your gifts better than a classroom would. I think you will be an awesome asset to families.

Enjoy your day!

• Like 6

It is not stupid at all! Your some people in your life need a kick in the pants. You worked HARD, and overcame so much to get that darn degree. You deserve to be proud. You deserve a giant party (stupid Covid!). Heck, if any of them know even half of what you have dealt with while ALSO working on your degree, they should be throwing you a parade. 

I know I'm just a stranger on the internet, so this might not mean much, but not only am I proud of you, I am in awe of you. You've got an inner strength and resiliency that is literally awe-inspiring. 

Congratulations on your degree! 🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉

Edited by fraidycat
  • Like 10

I only know you from here, but I am so proud of you and just in awe of how strong and honest you are! Seriously, you are the kind of person others root for. Huge congrats and if you don't celebrate today, I'll be forced to make a cake and eat it in your honor 👍

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Kassia said:

Ignore anyone who thinks you're being silly - they are absolutely wrong!  This is a huge accomplishment!  I'm glad you are celebrating your achievement and I think you are a great role model for your daughter!  Enjoy your dinner and your pedicure!  🙂

I agree! You are a great role model for your daughter. What you've done is absolutely amazing, especially in the face of so much adversity. Congratulations!

• Like 2

Not silly and not stupid.  It is a HUGE accomplishment under normal circumstances.  The fact you have done it with as much turmoil as you have had over the last couple of years AND during a pandemic as a front line worker is nothing short of astounding.  I am in awe of you and think you are simply amazing.  Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!    Your future is bright and I know you will continue to do great things.  

• Like 4