Menu

Mum died last night

Laura Corin

I am sorry, Laura.  I have thought of you often over the last years, and admired your determination and compassion in navigating a relationship you characterized as both complicated, and also simultaneously as foundational. You have been a role model.

Holding you and the rest of your family in the light.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3

4 minutes ago, Pam in CT said:

I have thought of you often over the last years, and admired your determination and compassion in navigating a relationship you characterized as both complicated, and also simultaneously as foundational. You have been a role model.

@Laura Corin I am very sorry for your loss too.  Pam put my feelings into the perfect words.  Thinking of you and your family.

• Thanks 1

I'm so sorry for your loss, Laura. I have valued the wisdom you've shared regarding elder care many times, and your compassionate and reasonable approach to caring for an elder with whom your relationship wasn't perfect. May you have peace knowing that you were a consistent and kind advocate for her.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Soror said:

I'm sorry Laura. I was worrying about you and her last night. Best wishes getting everything sorted during this difficult time.

Thank you.  Unfortunately,  because the fall in the care home was a contributing factor in her death, the police have to investigate.  I have no concerns about how the fall happened, but I understand why an investigation is required.

1 hour ago, sheryl said:

Laura,  I'm so sorry.  If memory is correct she was in her mid to upper 90's.   ??   May you be comforted knowing she loved you.

Yes, she had just turned 98.

1 hour ago, lauraw4321 said:

I'm so sorry for your loss, Laura. I have valued the wisdom you've shared regarding elder care many times, and your compassionate and reasonable approach to caring for an elder with whom your relationship wasn't perfect. May you have peace knowing that you were a consistent and kind advocate for her.

Thank you. Over the past couple of years she had started to express gratitude,  which has helped a lot.

• Like 15