Menu

Yesterday was the worst day of my life and today isn’t better

KungFuPanda

Oh my God! I am so sorry. I truly do not know if I could bare to lose a child. I hope you are blessed with the strength to handle the grief. Give yourself time. I mourned very deeply for at least a year after my mother passed and my hubby said it took about five years before I was back to my old self. 

6 hours ago, KungFuPanda said:

Ds22 died yesterday. He had Duchenne’s Muscular Dystrophy and his heart stopped. We knew we’d face this day eventually but we thought we had more time. We are broken and forever changed. 

So sorry for your loss.    MD just sucks.   

• Like 1

What a horrible, horrible shock. I am so sorry for you, your husband and your daughter & her husband and your little grandson, who will only know his uncle now from stories and pictures.

You are a wonderful mom and person as shown by your posts here and I’m so sorry you have this devastating road ahead of you.

You and your loved ones will be in my prayers for a long, long time. I hope you are surrounded IRL with people who will care for you and shelter you and carry you through the worst days. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

There is that limbo of losing someone where it doesn't feel quite real and yet is too real at the same time. I wish there was a magic potion I could share or some comforting words that eased the pain.  You are so loved here, like part of a large, WTM family, and by extension your son is just as loved.  My heart breaks for you.  If you need anything in the days ahead we're here. Or if want to share some of your favorite memories, please, please do.  We'd love to hear about him.

• Like 15