Menu

More family tragedy

KungFuPanda

We lost my brother today (Saturday). He was 20 months younger than me. This is devastating. My son died three months ago on Monday and we’re all still actively mourning him. There hasn’t been a single tear-free day between. This is exhausting. I just want to get ahead of this headache and sleep for a week. 

When my son was with us, if anything happened I could just focus on caring for him. Without him, there’s just no compelling reason to get out of bed. My Dh is functional for this one and tries to feed me but my stomach isn’t ready. The fatigue is overwhelming. I’ve probably dozed off 5 or 6 times today. It’s odd. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 116

Oh, I am so, so sorry.  Such a heavy weight and honestly, if you need to just sleep for a week or more, that may just be what you need. Your body and spirit need permission to grieve.  Praying others will surround you when you need them to and allow you space when you need it and the wisdom to know the difference. 

• Like 3

I’m so sorry.  That’s a lot of loss in a short time. 

Gently, if you’re having trouble getting out of bed or eating, that sounds like severe situational depression. Please see a doctor and if you can, a therapist. Preferably a cognitive behavioral therapist. If you can’t do it yourself, have your husband schedule appointments and take you. 

• Like 4

I am so sorry.  The exhaustion is very normal.  Here we were split between wanting to sleep all day, and frantic energy.  I'm not sure that knowing that it's normal helps. 

Having said that, grief counseling can be really helpful, and medication can play a role in helping get through the days.  I agree that reaching out for professional help might be a good idea. 

• Like 7

I'm sitting here, teary myself, thinking about you and your family, and so much loss. I"m so sorry. Under the circumstances, I'd consider the sleep a gift, your body's way of taking care of itself in the context of such a severe blow. That said, you will need to eat (maybe just nutritious essentials like light fruit, bone broth, whatever fits your way of eating.)

Get some movement, too, maybe just walking by yourself or with an introspective friend who will hold space for you. (I remember a radio personality describing how walking was a lifeline when he was in a deep, deep depression.)

{{{Panda}}} 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, KungFuPanda said:

We lost my brother today (Saturday). He was 20 months younger than me. This is devastating. My son died three months ago on Monday and we’re all still actively mourning him. There hasn’t been a single tear-free day between. This is exhausting. I just want to get ahead of this headache and sleep for a week. 

When my son was with us, if anything happened I could just focus on caring for him. Without him, there’s just no compelling reason to get out of bed. My Dh is functional for this one and tries to feed me but my stomach isn’t ready. The fatigue is overwhelming. I’ve probably dozed off 5 or 6 times today. It’s odd. 

Ohh, I'm so very sorry for your loss of both your loved ones!  I didn't know until reading this post.  Adding you to my calendar to remind myself to pray for you!   ((hugs))