Menu

My next unintended challenge - UPDATED In 1st post

Ginevra

Crappy news ahead. I put up a post a bit over a month ago about cysts in the breast because I had a hard spot on Lefty. Well, the hard spot didn’t go away and, if anything, was getting more “organized” in the way it felt. So - in for mammo, which was due anyway. Also a breast ultrasound of Lefty. Then that sucky moment when the radiology doctor comes in to discuss images - never a good sign. He said, “I feel very certain this is not a cyst.” So I scheduled a needle biopsy, which I had last Thursday. Then the anxious weekend, waiting for a report. 

Call came today, on my 24th wedding anniversary and the first day of Breast Cancer Awareness Month. (I have impecable timing.) I have Breast Cancer, friends. I will know more after my meeting Wednesday. Thanks for your prayers and healing thoughts. I am prepared to do battle. 

UPDATE: surgery on the calendar Oct 30. I updated at the end of the thread, too, but we don’t have post numbers anymore. 

UPDATE: Lymph nodes biposy: no cancer in nodes! Also, clear margins from tumor excision! Woooooohoooo! 

UPDATE: Oncologist called today with my tumor type test. My score is 12. So, the short answer to this is that chemo is not recommended! Yay!! No chemo! 

Edited by Quill
  • Like 9
  • Sad 110

4 minutes ago, Quill said:

Crappy news ahead. I put up a post a bit over a month ago about cysts in the breast because I had a hard spot on Lefty. Well, the hard spot didn’t go away and, if anything, was getting more “organized” in the way it felt. So - in for mammo, which was due anyway. Also a breast ultrasound of Lefty. Then that sucky moment when the radiology doctor comes in to discuss images - never a good sign. He said, “I feel very certain this is not a cyst.” So I scheduled a needle biopsy, which I had last Thursday. Then the anxious weekend, waiting for a report. 

Call came today, on my 24th wedding anniversary and the first day of Breast Cancer Awareness Month. (I have impecable timing.) I have Breast Cancer, friends. I will know more after my meeting Wednesday. Thanks for your prayers and healing thoughts. I am prepared to do battle. 

You got this Quill.  Hang in there.  (((((Quill))))

• Like 1

Oh, no.

when I saw your thread title, my heart sank but I hoped it wasn't bad news. 

I 'm really sorry you're going thru this, Quill. I know things haven't been easy lately, based on your other threads. I hope you get the best news possible on Wed. 

I'm sorry you found out on your anniversary, too. Ugh. 

(((Quill)))

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, StellaM said:

OK, I am not sending you anything soppy like love and good thoughts!

. Sending fire and fight instead. We're here for you. And I have the strongest feeling it will all be OK in the end. (And I never feel/say that)

Honestly? Me too. I knew in my heart this would not be “nothing,” but I also feel like: Suit up, ladies. It’s showtime.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1