Menu

please pray! -- updated

mamashark

We found out that a family member died last night in a bad car accident. 3 of her 5 kids were in the car and 3 are all going into surgery today. All 5 kids were adopted, 4 were foster to adopted. She taught those kids how a mom is supposed to love her kids. She absolutely would have chosen to be the one to die, too, so that her kids would have the chance to live. She homeschooled the three who are in the hospital - the youngest is 13 and has a broken lumbar. It's so devastating and we are all pretty shaken up. I covet your prayers... thanks. 

See update on page 2 - all three came through surgery well and are starting to heal. One had complications from fluid on her lungs but is stable and they are optimistic. 

Edited by mamashark
  • Like 1

Many, many prayers.

As an adoptive mom, my heart breaks for the children who have lived through enormous trauma and loss and now this devastating loss of their mom & serious injuries too. It’s just too much to even imagine. I will remember to pray for the family in the coming days. Please let us know how the kids are doing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Sorry for the delay in updating, I just got home from the hospital after spending last night with one of the girls. All three surgeries went well. Only one had a complication of some fluid buildup in the lungs that was impacting her breathing. She's still in ICU but stable. 

First shift family was able to get sleep last night and I was part of the second shift. Everyone is hurting and mourning but doing ok. Thank you so much for the prayers.

• Like 14

Oh..just reading this now. I'm so sorry...How tragic. I'm also an adoptive mom (to 3 of my 5 girls) and my heart breaks for those children. Sending prayers for healing and peace and that you will all be able to support each other. So very sad. I'm so truly sorry.  :grouphug: