Menu

Rest in peace, Greta. Update in first post.

Helpdesk

Today brings with it the sad news that our long-time board friend, Greta, departed this life this morning. She is survived by her husband and daughter. Greta's long and valiant engagement with cancer is over. She beat the predictions of her survival by several years, and she and her family filled those years with life- and love-giving experiences and interactions. Time being shorter-than-expected, Greta's posts about life, politics, faith, children, education, and home diminished, even as she lived her life,  voted her politics, practiced her faith, loved her child and husband and saw to the home and to her daughter's education and launch into adulthood. 

Well done, Greta. Rest with the saints in the hope of the Resurrection.

If you wish to leave condolences for the family, you may do so here, and I'll tell the family about this post.

UPDATE 10/4: Memorial donations may be made to her parish or to NM Wildlife Rescue

Edited by Helpdesk
Updated information.

I'm so sorry to hear about Greta's passing. I've thought of her often over the years since she told us about her diagnosis, and wondered how she was doing. Her posts were always so thoughtful and kind, and I always appreciated that. 

Thank you for letting us know.

• Like 1

Her family and friends have my deepest sympathies. She was a memorable voice on these boards. I felt like I knew her even if only through an online presence. I am so very thankful she had more time than expected and so very sad she had less time than she deserved. May she rest in peace.

• Like 3

I'm so sorry to hear about Greta having passed away. I knew it was coming, but it didn't feel real until now. 😞 

My deepest condolences to her family, who it was obvious that she loved more than anything. She was always such a kind and wise person, and she was also a lot of fun to have on the forum. I always enjoyed her posts and especially looked forward to reading them when I was hoping for some good advice. She was also very supportive and sweet when my dh was ill, and I will never forget that.

• Like 4

Oh, I am so sad to hear this.  I have a saved PM conversation with Greta that I will always cherish -- she was such a thoughtful, open person.  My heart goes out to her family. 

May her memory be for a blessing.  

Edited by JennyD