Menu

Am needing urgent positive thoughts for my sister

Melissa in Australia

Please I need lots and lots of positive thoughts for my sister . she  is literally fighting for her life

she was put into hospital for gallbladder 7 days ago. because we have a dictator premier in Victoria atm he has put a blanket ban on all surgeries. So they haven’t been able to operate on her.

yesterday evening she started to go downhill . blood clots in her lungs

today she is in a critical condition. her oxygen level is 35  (she is on oxygen) heart rate 30, blood pressure 180 over 120. infection in her sternum,  liver now stopping working . the town hospital wanted to shift her to a city hospital , but she is going down hill so rapidly that she is no longer stable enough to be transported. 

she has 10 children 

Edited by Melissa in Australia
Because I am not thinking coherent atm
  • Sad 80

2 minutes ago, popmom said:

Are you able to communicate with her? 

not really, though she did send me a very short message telling me that it was the most painful experience she has ever had and she would rather birth a large baby. I am getting updates from my mum, who is communicating directly with the staff.

• Like 5
  • Sad 4

2 minutes ago, Melissa in Australia said:

not really, though she did send me a very short message telling me that it was the most painful experience she has ever had and she would rather birth a large baby. I am getting updates from my mum, who is communicating directly with the staff.

I will continue to pray before I fall asleep tonight. 

• Thanks 1

Melissa, I'll be sending lots of positive thoughts and prayers for your sister and her children, as well as for you and your mom and the rest of your family. I hope the doctors at the new hospital are able to help her! 

Please update us when you can, but if you're too worried and busy, we will understand, and I know we will all keep sending out healing thoughts for your sister.

I'm so sorry this is happening to her. 😞 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Melissa in Australia said:

I'm so sorry for your sister and it's the absolute truth that gallbladder pain is much worse than labor.  With labor it at least ebs and flow.  If you've got a stone stuck, the pain is constant until that stone moves.  Long ago I had to wait 5 days because it was a holiday weekend and the surgeon was out of town and no one else was available in our small town.  The pain was so intense I threw up many times and in between I just rolled on the floor (not that it helped in the slightest but with something that bad you can't not move either).  Labor is a piece of cake compared to gall bladder problems.  I sure how they are able to do something for her soon.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 2