Menu

My dh is having his liver transplant surgery right now! Please send prayers and good thoughts. AMAZING UPDATE IN POST 713!!!

Catwoman

Oh Cat, what a day for you guys! I am sending good thoughts to you and your family, the surgical team, and the donor's family as well.

:grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:

This is an official self-care reminder. At the tone, it will be time for a stretch break, a snack, and a drink of water. 

Beeeep.

• Like 2

:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

Sending you all the vibes of healing, peace, love, and luck. Good thoughts for a smooth surgery and recovery. And for peace and comfort through you and CatBoy's waiting stress.

Holding the donor's family in my thoughts also. May they feel strength and love surrounding them at this difficult time.

Edited by fraidycat
  • Like 1

We got the phone call to go to the liver transplant center at 4:30am, and my dh just went in to surgery at 9:00. Update -- the nurse gave us an update and the surgery actually started at 10:10am EST, and it should take somewhere between 4 and 6 hours. Praying. I hope he feels better after his transplant!

I know this is what we have been waiting for, but I am so scared and worried.

I would really appreciate any prayers, positive thoughts, healing thoughts, white light, or any other good feelings that anyone can send his way. This is such a serious surgery and it will take 4-6 hours, so I may not have any updates for a while, but I'll post more info as soon as I hear anything.

My poor ds15 is so worried about his dad. We are both just sitting here in the waiting room and hoping for good news. Waiting is so hard.

Praying for him. :grouphug:

There was someone here whose daughter has a transplant, liver, I think, as an infant. She was also on the HSR board. Ellie, do you know who I mean? She lived in Nevada, dh was a policeman, four beautiful daughters...

Thinking of you.

Edited by Alessandra

Just checking back in.  Been thinking about you a bit today, Cat, and hoping all is going well.  It also reminded me I'm glad everyone in our family has opted to be organ donors should the worst happen and organs can still be used.  If we're ever in that position, I'll remember this thread and the hope that's on the other end.

• Like 6

(((Cat)))

(((CatDH)))

(((CatDS)))

Lord have mercy on the beloved husband and father and grant success in the surgery and healing in the days to come, and comfort to the donor's family.  

Just seeing this--prayed for you and yours.

I remember the time just after my brother had his double lung transplant (cystic fibrosis). I couldn't hug or touch him because we had to be so careful of infection, and it was an anxious time during healing, but we got thru it. I pray you all will, too, with a wonderful outcome. You are strong, and so is your family.

God bless.

Thinking of you! I know once he's out of surgery you will be busy talking with caregivers and getting him settled to a post-op room. If he is in ICU for a while please use non-visiting time for resting up yourself!

Looking forward an update but not at the expense of your nap. Prayers!

UPDATE: He got through the surgery, but when he got to ICU they did a follow-up ultrasound to check on the blood flow and it wasn't right so they had to take him back to surgery to figure out exactly what is going on and to fix the problem. The surgeon said they can make things right, but my ds and I are so scared. I hope we get some good news soon.

I'll update when I can. Thank you so much for all of your hugs, prayers, support, and encouragement. I want to respond to every single post but right now I'm too worried to concentrate on anything but waiting for the update from the surgeon.

Thanks again!

• Like 40