Menu

My dh is having his liver transplant surgery right now! Please send prayers and good thoughts. AMAZING UPDATE IN POST 713!!!

Catwoman

:party: :grouphug: :party:

You all have all my prayers and good thoughts. I'm so happy that your DH will be getting his liver and feeling better soon. God bless him and you and your DS as he goes through this!

Surgery waiting room time absolutely stinks. It seems to move backwards.

Take some small walks in the waiting room area. Deep breaths, relaxation exercises. :grouphug:

I'm sending prayers and good thoughts for the wonderful person who decided to be a donor and his/her family during this difficult time for them.

Thank you!

I'm so glad you mentioned the donor. When we first got the call, we didn't even think about the donor because it was such a shock and we were rushing so much to get to the hospital in time, but once we got there and I was telling my dh how worried I was, it suddenly dawned on me that at that very moment, some other family was saying goodbye to a loved one forever and it made me so sad for them. :crying: We are so grateful to that family and I hope it helps them a little bit to know that their loved one's generous organ donations are saving several lives right now.

I keep praying for the person who died and for their family, and I will probably always pray for them. I hope others will keep them in their thoughts today too, and I'm so glad you mentioned it.

• Like 27

Does anyone know what time zone Catwoman is in? Just wondering so I know when to start counting the hours.

We're in the Eastern time zone. I just got an update from the nurse and she said the surgery actually started at 10:10 am, and should take 4-6 hours.

I'll keep posting updates as I get them.

• Like 5

Praying for your husband, his doctors and nurses, and you and your family!

Att: Cat    I will include your DH, and the doctors and nurses and everyone who is taking care of him, in my prayers.

Prayers for you all, before, during and after the surgery. :grouphug:

Thank you all so much!

Prayers and good thoughts heading your way.  Praying for healing and good health for your husband and peace and comfort for you and your son.  :grouphug: :grouphug:

:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

Praying for you and your family. :grouphug:

Thank you!!!

:grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:  Waiting and worrying about loved ones is one of the hardest things there is.  :grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:

Praying for your family.

Praying for you!

Praying for your family!

Healing thoughts, wisdom and steadiness for the surgery team. ((Hugs for mama and DS)).

Thank you!

• Like 1

Wow if you were close I'd bring you a jigsaw puzzle and work on it with you while you wait. The waiting is so hard.

I am so happy for your dh that a liver has become available, may God bless and comfort the family of the donor.

My thoughts and prayers are with you, your son, and with your husband, that his body readily accepts this new part.

Please keep us posted as you are able.

Thank you! I wish you were here with a jigsaw puzzle, too!

Special thanks for the prayers for the donor's family.

Praying for your family. My aunt had a liver transplant when I was in elementary school, and I remember that waiting-on-pins-and-needles feeling.

Praying He guides the surgeon's hands and spreads a mantle of peace over your and your son. :grouphug:

positive thoughts...I hope that all goes smoothly

Oh Cat! I'm thinking about you today  :grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:

I know she lives in my time zone (EST), but I'm not sure if that's where they are today. No help, I guess!

Definitely praying for you.

Prayers for a complication-free surgery and a quick & complete recovery!

Praying for the surgeons, the procedure and you and your son.

Thank you, everybody!

Sending good wishes and positive thoughts for your entire family and the medical team, may the surgery go smoothly and the recovery be quick and uneventful!  :grouphug:

Just checked in -- I'm thrilled that he got THE CALL and am praying for all of you!! 

Wishing you lots of loving arms, family and friends, to surround you as you weather this together.

Praying for you all!

Thank you!

Sending prayers for all to go well and for a peace of mind through it all. Sending :grouphug: too. Hopefully it will be the start of a much better life for all of you.

I also thought I'd point out... I think you win the prize for the most *exciting Saturday. I'm not sure what the prize is... but I'm pretty sure you win.

* not really sure what word to put in there. Feel free to substitute another if it fits better.

:lol: You're not kidding about Most Exciting Saturday -- we'd thought we were going shopping and out to eat this afternoon, so this is definitely different!

• Like 1

Hugs doll! Prayers and good thoughts for you and hubby and his medical team. At some point down the road you may be able to talk to thank the family whose dear one gave your hubby their liver. Peace, love and strength heading your way.

• Like 1

Cat, HUGE hugs to you and your ds as you wait. We'll pray for you and your family and remember y'all tomorrow at Mass (if that doesn't offend you).

I second JennL's advice to drink lots of water and eat little bits throughout the day. You can best help your dh & ds by putting your oxygen mask on.

(((Cat, ds, dh)))

Thanks!!! We would definitely appreciate prayers at Mass tomorrow. My dh was hoping to talk with a Catholic priest before the surgery, but there isn't one at this hospital. The Episcopal priest stopped in to see us and say some prayers along with another Chaplain, though, and they were very nice and I think the prayers were comforting for my dh, too.

• Like 3

:grouphug: and prayers to you and your family, and the donor's family as well. What a mix of conflicting emotions for all!

Thank you. I agree about the conflicting emotions. We are so happy that my dh is getting the chance at this much-needed transplant, but the knowledge that someone else had to die in order for it to happen is heartbreaking. :(

Hugs doll! Prayers and good thoughts for you and hubby and his medical team. At some point down the road you may be able to talk to thank the family whose dear one gave your hubby their liver. Peace, love and strength heading your way.

Thanks, Robin! I know we will eventually be able to thank the donor family, but I don't know the exact procedure for it yet. I think we will be able to write a letter to the family and it will be delivered to them via the organ transplantation network, but I could be completely wrong about how it works. I know that my dh, our ds, and I will all want to write our own thank you letters. It's the very least we can do to show our appreciation for this incredible gift.

• Like 1

oh, Cat. This is wonderful, and scary. You have my very best wishes and prayers that all goes well and he makes a full recovery.

Wonderful and scary pretty much sums it up! Right now, it's mostly scary but I'm trying to stay positive.

I just ran out of likes. I should get bonus likes today so I can like every post!

• Like 5

Good luck and prayers to your family! You know he is going to feel better after this!

My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Praying for your husband, your son, and you.

Praying for a successful surgery and recovery.  How exciting and scary all at the same time.

Thank you!

I wanted to like all of your posts but I ran out of likes!

• Like 1

What a blessing for your family! Praying for you all. Prayers too for the donor's family.

:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:  for your DH, you and your DS.

And :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:  for the donor's family.

Thank you! I keep thinking about the donor's family, too.

What a hopeful/worrisome day this must be for you, Cat. I'll pretend to shoot up magic beams of luck to your husband's surgeons that helps. ;-)

But really, I do wish success for him, and I'm sure your condolences to the donor family will be well received. You're a thoughtful and considerate person. I'm sure they'll be gratified their loved one will help such a lovely family. 

Best of luck to you all. 

:)

• Like 1

What a hopeful/worrisome day this must be for you, Cat. I'll pretend to shoot up magic beams of luck to your husband's surgeons that helps. ;-)

But really, I do wish success for him, and I'm sure your condolences to the donor family will be well received. You're a thoughtful and considerate person. I'm sure they'll be gratified their loved one will help such a lovely family.

Best of luck to you all.

:)

Thank you, albeto! And if you pretend to shoot up the magic beams of luck, I'll pretend they're going to work, because my dh can use all the luck he can get right now! :D

• Like 12