Menu

S/O...Amazon Prime...What's in your latest package?

alisoncooks

Just for fun. ?

The "Amazon Prime People" thread made me think of all the random stuff I order via Amazon. 

This week I received:  a cloth basket (for storing shoes by the front door), 25 brushed nickel cabinet knobs, little plastic triangles for holding cabinet doors while I paint them, a shirt, a book, and 40 k-cups (assorted flavors). 

What has Amazon brought you recently? 

• Like 3

Fun thread!

This week amazon has brought me:

upf 50 t-shirt (for me)

travel trailer parts (DH ordered)

vanicream Lip protectant 

razors

vegetable scrub brush 

Typing it all out does make it look like quite the odd assortment!?

• Like 1

flower seeds for my MIL was the most recent thing. Before that, the giant bag of cat food. It's been a slow Amazon week for us.

(okay, weird. I put in the little sideways winking smiley with a semi-colon and a closed parentheses. It turned to a cute yellow winking smiley while in the text box, and posted as a question mark. So...I came back and edited it out.)

Two math review books for my two youngest. They are almost done with their regular curriculum (CLE), so I bought them a couple of review books to work on now and through the summer. One DD really needs the review, the other.... meh.... it will give her something to do. She loves math.

My latest package was toilet paper!

Before that a bottle of vitamin D.

I'm expecting a big box with 7 items ? soon.  It's my monthly subscription of mixed nuts, guinea pig bedding, ... also I think some books are coming.

• Like 2

Two water bottles (somewhere in an alternative universe there is a giant pile composed of water bottles and goggles that my kids have lost)
Nars tinted foundation/moisturizer/sunscreen
Hot pepper suet for the birds. 

That was all in one box we got yesterday. Pretty random collection. 

Party supplies!

Coral reef photography backdrop 

ocean themed table covers and decorations 

an octopus ring toss game

giant Uno game

20 mason jars

assorted plastic random sea creatures

water beads in blue, green, turquoise 

glycerin (we were making aquarium globes, is it obvious?)

and my S and S order arrived: shampoo; laundry soap; dog food; turtle food

an 11' deck umbrella

more sups (love subscribe and save) - many for less than I could get locally - if I could get them locally.

mechanical pencil

travel wallet

eta: some other weird stuff I've bought this year: a "liner" to protect the cargo area of my van so I can haul brush et al.  under sink liners (kitchen and laundry) that will hold two liters of liquid.  a new laundry sink and faucet.

• Like 1

Tshirt proclaiming:

TARIFFS NOT ONLY IMPOSE IMMENSE ECONOMIC COSTS BUT ALSO FAIL TO ACIEVE THEIR PRIMARY POLICY AIMS AND FOSTER POLITICAL DYSFUNCTION ALONG THE WAY

with a graph on the back showing supply and demand as a function of price and quantity.

(a portion of the sale price goes to Foundation for Economic Education. https://pjmedia.com/trending/what-is-up-with-these-libertarian-tariff-t-shirts-and-why-is-a-u-s-senator-wearing-one/)

Past 7 days

Leggings and t-shirt dress for dd11 (t-shirt dress going back, legging staying)

College math textbook

Dress for dd11 to wear to dd19s wedding (exchanging for a different color). 

2 more bridesmaid dresses.

Games expansion for Ds23.

Something for dh's motorcycle. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Garga said:

This dress: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B071P2N8LK/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It arrives today.  If I remember to, I’ll let you all know if it fits.  

very retro.

because they had free return shipping for shoes - I ordered three pair (I'm hard to fit) to make it faster to figure out what would fit.   I put a pair I was returning in the wrong box .. . that was interesting!   then I had to  print off all this other paperwork for the correct box and the other shoes...  I got a real live person for that one.

I needed shoes for dd's wedding/reception.. ... I was developing a kidney infection  (I figured it out the next day).  I wore long underwear under my dress, and sheepskin slippers.   the shoes were never used.   (dd wore flip flops . .  )

Refill for my Canon Selphy photo printer (I print a lot of pictures for my planner), laundry detergent, a new copy of Watership Down because apparently ours just vanished into thin air, and this cute little watercolor book I'm painting in.

2 canvas laundry hampers

Sarah Plain and Tall

Island of the Blue Dolphins

The Once Upon a Time Map Book

What Your 2nd Grader Needs to Know

What Your 5th Grader Needs to Know

a planner

sun paper

gel pens

a phone case

a baby shower gift (which included two books! :) )

• Like 1

Last delivery was 3 weeks ago: a present for DS6s birthday.

On the way: Draw the World, Draw the USA, 2 Mind Benders books, Balance Benders, Sentence Composing for Middle School (all forum recommendations), envelopes, tape dispenser, and a Toob of backyard birds for DS1.

Currently sitting in my cart: graph paper

I'm going to win the prize for least exciting package contents!

QuickBooks Premier 2018 Non-profit software (it was $70 cheaper to get a 1 day delivery of a disc than to download it?!)

A thin, little scintillating volume called "Fiscal Sponsorship, 6 Ways to Do it Right" which I used to own and now wish to refer to again that I have a new client with several fiscal sponsorship arrangments.  

Exciting times over here!  https://www.amazon.com/Fiscal-Sponsorship-Ways-Do-Right/dp/1888956070

The only exciting thing is that I can write these things off, lol.  

3 hours ago, Garga said:

This dress: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B071P2N8LK/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It arrives today.  If I remember to, I’ll let you all know if it fits.  

It arrived!   Looks amazing!!!  yay!!

The last dress I ordered was too big, so I try not to get too excited about amazon clothes until they arrive.  This dress fits really well.  I am a happy amazon customer.

• Like 2

Today's arrival:  500 rubber bands (to blow up a watermelon), velcro strips, felt pads for furniture legs, gluten free flour (I got the GF muffin recipe on the King Arthur Measure for Measure bag to taste like Costco's muffins), and a Prime Pantry box of random toiletry type stuff.

• Like 1

I just ordered 2 different kinds of bath caddy things that I was hoping to have my kids use to keep all of their stuff in.  8 people share one bathroom in this house and there is just TOO MUCH in there!  But I don't like the caddies so I'm returning them.  ?  I can't seem to find what I want.  Too big, too small...blah.

24 Blue G2 Pens - Fine point (And I'm going to hide them from DD because right now the only pen I can find is a silly turquoise sparkly one. Not professional for taking notes at meetings.)

Shoe inserts for DH

4 hours ago, alisoncooks said:

Just for fun. ?

The "Amazon Prime People" thread made me think of all the random stuff I order via Amazon. 

This week I received:  a cloth basket (for storing shoes by the front door), 25 brushed nickel cabinet knobs, little plastic triangles for holding cabinet doors while I paint them, a shirt, a book, and 40 k-cups (assorted flavors). 

What has Amazon brought you recently? 

I need a basket just like that for shoes. Which one did you order? How many peoples shoes are you collecting? Do you like it?

Two packages came today - owl pellets for 4-H and soft bras for dd (Walmarts selection of non-underwire, cami-style bras is pitiful outside of the girls section and dd needs adult sizes).  Before that was batteries for my fitbit and polymer worm solution.

I order from Amazon weekly between family, 4-H, and my classes.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, aggieamy said:

I need a basket just like that for shoes. Which one did you order? How many peoples shoes are you collecting? Do you like it?

I bought this one: https://www.amazon.com/DII-Collapsible-Variegated-Polyester-Organizer/dp/B01LX05MSK/ref=redir_mobile_desktop?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&ref=yo_pop_d_pd_title

I ordered the medium sized, and it's bigger than I expected (probably too big for the corner I bought it for).  It'd probably hold 5+pairs of shoes. Pic:IMG_3294.thumb.JPG.5ece24b7bb48a77ed42e1317a6fbc433.JPGIMG_3295.thumb.JPG.ae7ba2cf9328ec1243a2e4146ec113b7.JPG

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, alisoncooks said:

I bought this one: https://www.amazon.com/DII-Collapsible-Variegated-Polyester-Organizer/dp/B01LX05MSK/ref=redir_mobile_desktop?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&ref=yo_pop_d_pd_title

I ordered the medium sized, and it's bigger than I expected (probably too big for the corner I bought it for).  It'd probably hold 5+pairs of shoes. Pic:IMG_3294.thumb.JPG.5ece24b7bb48a77ed42e1317a6fbc433.JPGIMG_3295.thumb.JPG.ae7ba2cf9328ec1243a2e4146ec113b7.JPG

Thanks. That's exactly what I need. Everyone seems to drop their shoes right in the kitchen as they come in from the garage. My DH is the worst offender so I need something big enough to hold two pairs of grown up men shoes.