Menu

S/O...Amazon Prime...What's in your latest package?

alisoncooks

8 hours ago, BarbecueMom said:

Today's arrival:  500 rubber bands (to blow up a watermelon), velcro strips, felt pads for furniture legs, gluten free flour (I got the GF muffin recipe on the King Arthur Measure for Measure bag to taste like Costco's muffins), and a Prime Pantry box of random toiletry type stuff.

I would like you to post the rubber band blowing up watermelon video when you are done, please.

3 hours ago, AStableBeginning said:

Peter Potty Urinal and a new 13" Scotch laminator

Is the laminator to replace one that was recalled, perhaps? Or just a new one?

• Like 2

This is a rather full week for Amazon orders as we have a lot coming up. This is stuff that delivered Saturday thru today, or is coming by this Friday.

• Kylo Ren Wall Poster (May the 4th be with you present for one of DD#1's friends)
  • two Mountain t-shirts for one of my kids who has a birthday soon
  • Rick Riordan's newest book (released today)
  • car sun shade
  • three piece offset icing spatula set
  • five different size/types of baseball pants (for two boys, one of which has already gone back & another should but they wanted to charge me $7 to ship it in the same box as the other pair of pants that is going back - nope!)
  • a new slow cooker (my Christmas-present-Instant Pot is a sucky slow cooker & I need a slow cooker more than an Instant Pot)
  • a new wall mounted whiteboard & whiteboard eraser holder
  • baseball cleats
  • baseball belt
  • two pairs of baseball socks
  • four books for DD#1's summer college English class
  • facial moisturizer
  • Like 1

I just looked and, other than a few books (and several Kindle books), all my orders this year have been travel-related. A power converter, a phone charging cable, anti-theft backpack, anti-theft jacket, packing cubes. 

I do have stainless steel straws sitting in my cart waiting until I get around to actually buying them. 

• Like 1

Our monthly subscribe n save:

Smarty Pants vitamins (teen girl and kids), a 6 pack of Tom's of Maine deodorant, and two boxes of K-cups.

Also, a journal with "Alpacas make me smile" on the cover, DD bought with her allowance, and a solar powered lantern for our camping trip next weekend. 

• Like 2

Wild bird seed, a pet water fountain, an outdoor security camera (the last one was dh's). 

Dss also accidentally sent two books meant for the grandsons to our address. We have each other's addresses on our accounts so we can send stuff for gifts. He said it somehow defaulted to our address. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, BarbecueMom said:

Today's arrival:  500 rubber bands (to blow up a watermelon), velcro strips, felt pads for furniture legs, gluten free flour (I got the GF muffin recipe on the King Arthur Measure for Measure bag to taste like Costco's muffins), and a Prime Pantry box of random toiletry type stuff.

Please share the recipe!

I got a death valley map and grand canyon map. I need to order trekking poles and a sun hat.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, RootAnn said:

I would like you to post the rubber band blowing up watermelon video when you are done, please.

We saw a video of the project in a Mystery Science lesson and were thrilled there was an "exploding something with science" video we hadn't seen yet!  I bought two mini watermelons (figured it would be easier for the kids to get rubber bands around a smaller one), and I'm going to take one regular video and one in slo-mo.  I'll see if I can figure out how to edit and post it.  The first 400+ rubber bands will be pretty boring, haha.

10 hours ago, LifeLovePassion said:

Please share the recipe!

It's this recipe, without nuts.  For my adjustments, I used baker's sugar instead of regular white sugar (I used a Tbsp. or so less than the recipe),  a silicone 6-muffin baking pan instead of the regular 12-cup size, set the pan on the bottom half of the oven to avoid over-browning the tops, and sprinkled on a crumble mixture on top (GF instant oats, brown sugar, cinnamon, and a Tbsp of the flour, with cold butter crumbled in).  I think the trick is getting them into a well-sealed container before they are totally cooled off.

They are reeeeeeallly good as pumpkin muffins too, with the Enjoy Life chocolate chunks on top instead of the crumble.

• Like 1

Can't remember what exactly came last since we weren't ordering for things to arrive while we were in the Smokies last week.

What is set to arrive on Monday are new hearing aids (legally called amplifiers) (I got the ones that cost over 600 for a pair but have more controls than my old hearing aids I lost about three years ago that cost 3K).  Also getting turmeric capsules, Heliocare (a capsule of a fern that has been shown in Europe to help prevent sun damage), and will be ordering today a folding cane with a seat, international cell phone/Kindle chargers/, and potentially some Coolibar products too for skin protection.

My latest orders:

a new ice maker for our frig, a huge box of peppermints (Wilheminas) and men's white gloves to wear to a Regency ball. 

I totally love that basket that someone upthread bought for shoes. I am a sucker for baskets and crates, but I've run out of ways to use them. 

I order a ton of stuff for classes from Amazon.  The kids often ask me where I bought something and I almost always answer "Amazon".  One of the girls last week said I was "the Amazon Queen".  

It's funny because I live somewhere it's not that hard to just run out to the store for things.  In less than 30 minutes I can hit 3 Walmarts (maybe 4), 2 Targets, an entire indoor mall with Sears, JCPenneys, Macys and Lord & Taylor, over a dozen grocery stores, 3 Home Depots, 2 Lowes, restaurant supply stores, and two learning stores (although our real "teacher" store closed, these ones have mostly toys).   Unless I need something immediately or it really needs to be tried on, I just really prefer ordering.

ETA:  Okay, what the heck with the emojis?  I did the keyboard big smile since I knew choosing from the list was making ?, but it converted it to a real emoji and then put in a ?

Enjoying the variety. Such a fun mix of unusual and mundane, lol. 

New package coming my way: 2 short sleeved rash guards inspired by the rash guard thread. (Remembered that youngest had outgrown her old one and we're going to the water park next week.) Amazon for the win!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Where's Toto? said:

I order a ton of stuff for classes from Amazon.  The kids often ask me where I bought something and I almost always answer "Amazon".  One of the girls last week said I was "the Amazon Queen".  

It's funny because I live somewhere it's not that hard to just run out to the store for things.  In less than 30 minutes I can hit 3 Walmarts (maybe 4), 2 Targets, an entire indoor mall with Sears, JCPenneys, Macys and Lord & Taylor, over a dozen grocery stores, 3 Home Depots, 2 Lowes, restaurant supply stores, and two learning stores (although our real "teacher" store closed, these ones have mostly toys).   Unless I need something immediately or it really needs to be tried on, I just really prefer ordering.

ETA:  Okay, what the heck with the emojis?  I did the keyboard big smile since I knew choosing from the list was making ?, but it converted it to a real emoji and then put in a ?

Lol, I have the exact same situation with all the stores I could possibly need!

Yet, I think people have stopped asking me where I get things because they know the answer is going to be Amazon.  Drives a few nuts because believe it or not, there are still people who don't trust the internet for their shopping needs. 

A Seresto flea collar for the cat; and it arrived in USED condition! When I opened the metal container, I noticed that the collar was not sealed in plastic, and the lid had "Fluffy 4/5/2018" written on it in felt tip pen. So, I looked closely in the collar; it had been sized and trimmed, the inside was discolored with something reddish brown, and there was a clump of cat hair on it!!!

Sold by amazon, not a third party seller. I'm guessing it was returned and whoever processed it did not bother to open the container. 

1 hour ago, Lady Marmalade said:

Drives a few nuts because believe it or not, there are still people who don't trust the internet for their shopping needs. 

This blows my mind. I know a young woman (30ish) who just used PayPal for the first time last week. (?!?!!!!) I can't remember NOT using PP, lol. 

3 hours ago, trulycrabby said:

A Seresto flea collar for the cat; and it arrived in USED condition! When I opened the metal container, I noticed that the collar was not sealed in plastic, and the lid had "Fluffy 4/5/2018" written on it in felt tip pen. So, I looked closely in the collar; it had been sized and trimmed, the inside was discolored with something reddish brown, and there was a clump of cat hair on it!!!

Sold by amazon, not a third party seller. I'm guessing it was returned and whoever processed it did not bother to open the container. 

Good grief! That’s crazy! I guess Fluffy was done with it. ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

A cordless phone, 5 soft-sided laundry hampers to help organize all of the laundry I need to do with my mil in rehab, a twin bed frame for the neighbor who just got out of rehab and slept with his mattress on the floor, and a bag of chicken manure that is supposed to keep the squirrels out of our garden. 

• 2 weeks later...

Been a busy weeks for my UPS guy, lol. I may need to join the No Spend thread soon....

Recent purchases:

• Manuka honey (thanks to the Hive)
  • headphones (replacing a broken set)
  • Lego elves set (upcoming kiddo birthday)
  • Australian Gold sunscreen (thanks, WTM)
  • kitchen curtains
  • fusing/bonding no-sew tape (to hem said curtains)
  • water filter replacements
  • Cute little decorative lantern 
  • Like 2

55 minutes ago, alisoncooks said:

Been a busy weeks for my UPS guy, lol. I may need to join the No Spend thread soon....

Recent purchases:

• Manuka honey (thanks to the Hive)
  • headphones (replacing a broken set)
  • Lego elves set (upcoming kiddo birthday)
  • Australian Gold sunscreen (thanks, WTM)
  • kitchen curtains
  • fusing/bonding no-sew tape (to hem said curtains)
  • water filter replacements
  • Cute little decorative lantern 

I think you’ll like the sunscreen. I’ve noticed on other skin care threads that we use similar products. ?

link your curtains!

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, mmasc said:

I think you’ll like the sunscreen. I’ve noticed on other skin care threads that we use similar products. ?

link your curtains!

These curtains: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01KR1D7F6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

But I'll be adapting them into all "modern valances/faux Roman shades."  I have 5 windows in my kitchen, so it was cheaper to buy 2 sets like this than 5 actual valances. 

• Like 1

On 5/4/2018 at 11:38 PM, MelAR05 said:

3 Styrofoam mannequin heads(dd wants them for her birthday) 

I think I want them for my birthday, too!    No clue what for, but it sounds kinda fun to have styrofoam mannequin heads decorating the house.  : )

• Like 1