Menu

S/O...Amazon Prime...What's in your latest package?

alisoncooks

7 hours ago, AK_Mom4 said:

My Orbis came today!!!!!!!!

if you aren’t familiar, the Orbi is Netgear’s mesh WiFi router.  My set of three means no more dead spots in the house.  Wall-to-wall WiFi coverage!  Woohoo!

Can you give me a link? We need one of those. Our wifi doesn't make it up to DS22's bedroom strongly enough that he can use it on his laptop or TV, although (weirdly?) my iPad picks it up fine. He's not home a lot now, but it still would be nice for him to be able to get wifi in his room when he's here.

Today I'm expecting some rechargeable AA batteries. The candles on the fireplace mantel are in desperate need of new ones.

8 hours ago, Violet Crown said:

My package today was guinea pig hay for feeding Wee Girl's furry stress toys. Nothing calms an anxious child like a lapful of piggie.

Oh gosh, no, I won't be having any live animals in my office!  But I am also terribly allergic to guinea pigs.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Pawz4me said:

Can you give me a link? We need one of those. Our wifi doesn't make it up to DS22's bedroom strongly enough that he can use it on his laptop or TV, although (weirdly?) my iPad picks it up fine. He's not home a lot now, but it still would be nice for him to be able to get wifi in his room when he's here.

Today I'm expecting some rechargeable AA batteries. The candles on the fireplace mantel are in desperate need of new ones.

We got Velops.  They work well.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Violet Crown said:

You don't think your workspace would be enriched by a bevy of emotional support critters? ?

NOPE!

Add in weekends where I would have to take them home, allergies of students, etc.....and, well, no.

Our power went out earlier this week for over 24 hours. Our previous house had a full-house backup generator, and it was in my mind to buy a few prep items for that eventuality here.

So I ordered a camp stove. The ones at Wal-Mart looked very cheap.

And two LED lanterns. Same issue. The Wal-Mart ones didn't look like they would last.

Now we're somewhat set when the power goes out. I'd love to have a whole house generator again someday.

• Like 1

On 5/19/2018 at 2:57 AM, Pawz4me said:

These are the Orbis I bought:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B072ZN4PSB/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Put them in last night and doubled the throughput over my old Netgear Nighthawk.  Hopefully this will resolve some of the congestion issues we were having when the kids are gaming together.

• Thanks 1

A new wading pool for the back yard.  My kids are too big for a wading pool so it is really more of a bird bath, bee & dragonfly drinking bowl & drinking fountain for my dog & cats.  I also float a solar fountain in it & it makes me happy.  You might ask why I don't just get a pond or water feature for my yard.  I have tried many different types of those things and none of them has worked out.  Therefore a wading pool it is.

Also in my package were a pair of hand crank flashlights & cell phone chargers for the 50 mile backpacking trip. 

A pair of new slipcovers for couch & chair because company is coming (if my oldest dd & her dh are company.) 

And a book called "Grading With A Purple Crayon: A Developmental Approach to High School Composition."  I literally don't know anything about this book other than the title and it was recommended to me by a friend.

Amber in SJ