Menu

We buried my father yesterday

elegantlion

He died last Monday evening. He had been ill on and off for over 18 months. He looked so peaceful and was almost smiling. He and my mom were married almost 56 years. 

He had called the Monday  before and wanted to go out and eat pizza with ds and me. I'm glad we went because that was the last time ds got to see him as he went with his dad on Thanksgiving. 

We sent him off with Star Trek music, he had a Star Trek t-shirt under his collared shirt and his favorite coffee mug went with him as well. 

I know I had posted when he got sick and wanted to let you all know. He was 79 and lived long and prospered. The Buddha in my avatar is a picture he took while stationed in Japan during his service time. 

If you pray, those are appreciated. If you light candles or send happy thoughts, those are appreciated. If you just remember to love those you love a little more when you see one grieving, that is appreciated too. 

• Like 41

He died last Monday evening. He had been ill on and off for over 18 months. He looked so peaceful and was almost smiling. He and my mom were married almost 56 years. 

He had called the Monday  before and wanted to go out and eat pizza with ds and me. I'm glad we went because that was the last time ds got to see him as he went with his dad on Thanksgiving. 

We sent him off with Star Trek music, he had a Star Trek t-shirt under his collared shirt and his favorite coffee mug went with him as well. 

I know I had posted when he got sick and wanted to let you all know. He was 79 and lived long and prospered. The Buddha in my avatar is a picture he took while stationed in Japan during his service time. 

If you pray, those are appreciated. If you light candles or send happy thoughts, those are appreciated. If you just remember to love those you love a little more when you see one grieving, that is appreciated too. 

I'm so sorry for your loss. 

I'm so sorry for your loss. ((Hugs))

What a beautiful way to send him off, though, your post made me smile through the sadness. I am glad he lived long and prospered, and that you went for pizza with him recently.

I will be thinking of you, and sending warm thoughts.