Menu

Prayers for me please PASSED IT!!!

MercyA

I have had several episodes of excruciating pain, both in my kidneys and in my abdomen. I was thinking given my long history of kidney stones that it was just a stone that wouldn't pass. When I went to the doctor, she said she felt "something" in my uterus. Could be endometriosis back with a vengeance, or fibroids, or an ovarian cyst. When I told the doctor my mom once had a fibroid the size of a grapefruit, she said, "Oh, yeah, I am not surprised." 😮

So. I'm waiting on the results of an x-ray of my kidneys / urinary tract done yesterday. I'm scheduled for a pelvic ultrasound later this week. 

Could you please pray that we get to the bottom of this quickly and that the doctors have the wisdom to know how to best solve everything? Also, that I can be functional and still get things done this week? Lots to do at the end of summer.

UPDATE: I passed it this morning! Thank you Jesus. The thing is huge. 9 mm by about 6 mm and very pointy. I feel like I just birthed sputnik.😉 Thank you so much for your prayers. Should I post a really gross picture of it or is that TMI? 😊

Edited by MercyA
  • Like 27
  • Sad 26

Thank you, all. Just talked to my new family doctor. She said the x-rays show that I have a 9 mm stone stuck in my ureter and two other smaller stones as well. She is prescribing a medication to hopefully help me pass them.

I will still have the ultrasound done on Thursday and that should tell us if there are other problems as well. 

I had some heavy-duty painkiller left from a dentist visit and the doctor told me to just finish those first. She had asked if I had taken anything for the pain, and I told her I took one dose of those in addition to ibuprofen. Seems weird to me that she wouldn't issue her own script but I guess she doesn't want to give me new painkiller pills when she knows I still have some at home. 🤷‍♀️ Otherwise I really like her. She was super thorough and listened well.

Edited by MercyA
  • Like 28

These days I think many states track narcotic prescriptions and by having you use what’s already on hand maybe she is thinking she’ll have more freedom to prescribe them when needed? Totally just guessing there, you should call her if you need more (BEFORE you run out) or if you need something stronger. I’ve never had a kidney stone but hear they are so painful - sorry for you. Hope things pass quickly and the US turns up nothing else irregular. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1