Menu

I found my dog this morning

DawnM

She was in the dining room, in her usual spot, but gone.

I posted a few days ago that she was sick, but after calling the Vet, who told me to monitor her and give her some rice and chicken broth, she perked back up and was running around yesterday, barking and back to herself.

She must have died early in the night.  

I can't lift her, nor can I even go in there right now.  DH should be home from his business trip soon and will take care of it for me.

Sad, sad morning.

She was in the dining room, in her usual spot, but gone.

I posted a few days ago that she was sick, but after calling the Vet, who told me to monitor her and give her some rice and chicken broth, she perked back up and was running around yesterday, barking and back to herself.

She must have died early in the night.

I can't lift her, nor can I even go in there right now. DH should be home from his business trip soon and will take care of it for me.

Sad, sad morning.

Aww. So so sorry.

• Like 1

I'm so sorry. :( I'm glad though that she felt so good yesterday - glad she had a good final day and then probably died quietly in her sleep.  I hope that comforts you. :(

Yeah, I know if she has had issues, she comes and gets us, and it looks very much like she just died while sleeping.  She was in her usual sleeping spot.

• Like 3

Yeah, I know if she has had issues, she comes and gets us, and it looks very much like she just died while sleeping.  She was in her usual sleeping spot.

:(

I hope & pray our elderly fella (14 years old) goes the same way:  comfy & sleeping in his favorite spot.

((hugs)) I know this must be a sad time for your family.

• Like 2

That's the best way for them to go....in their favorite spot, peacefully.  I'm so sorry.  We've been through it a few times & it is never easy.  So very sorry!   :grouphug:

it was just traumatic for ME!  I didn't think anything of her not getting up when I went into the kitchen.  As she has aged, she has gotten to where moving takes more effort in the AM.  It wasn't until I went in for my 2nd cup of coffee and looked over that I called her name just to greet her and noticed her eyes were rolled back into her head and her tongue was sticking out.  

DH said when he moved her outside (he got home several hours later and removed the body), that she had bled out and there was blood coming out of her mouth.  

• Like 1