Menu

Kalanamak asked me to relay a message. :(

Natalieclare

Hello, my fellow friends of the hive. It's been so long since I've posted, I'm not sure if anyone will remember me. However, I'm sure you will remember Kalanamak and her humor and wit. She recently contacted me and asked me to pass on this message. "Greetings from Kalanamak! I disappeared from the WTM forum very suddenly when I became very ill. I know I always wonder and worry when a long-time poster disappears. My boy is adjusting to public school as my illness turned out to be fairly advanced and an incurable cancer. I have gone the route of hospice, and my friends and family have been extremely supportive. I'm doing as well as could be expected (and my family as well). I send all my best wishes. I believe homeschooling was one of the best things I did in my life. Not to worry about me-my spirits are good and I'm well cared for. As Ever, Kay" *Update: I am sorry it has taken me so long to acquire news, but I finally have spoken with Kay's husband. He said that while she is not interested in the internet right now, she might appreciate cards. So I have someone who getting back to me about coordinating the card effort. I think we will all send cards to her, then she can mail a package from there. So, please be patient while I finalize the details. It is so beautiful to see the love so many have for Kay. If anyone can tell me why I can't get my enter button to work with this new board, I would love to know! I know it's exasperating to have to read this as it is. Sorry. Anyway, Nicole M will be gathering the cards and getting them to Kay, so please send her a message if you would like her address. Thanks for your patience.

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No no no! I just adore her. She's always got such a great attitude and wonderful advice. I loved her posts.

How long has she been sick for? I remember her talking about putting her son into school and looking for fun interesting things for her DH to do. Those guys will miss her so much. :(

:crying: :crying: :crying:

Wow. I had no idea she was ill. I remember that about a month ago she was asking something about grade levels for her ds and getting him placed in school, but I didn't have the slightest clue that she was ill. :(

I am so very, very sorry to hear this. She was always such a nice person, and I know her advice helped so many of us. It is so typical of her to reassure us that her spirits are good, so we won't worry about her. (But of course we will worry and pray for her, anyway!!!)

This is absolutely heartbreaking. I feel so sad for her family, too -- her dh and ds must be devastated.

And Natalieclare, of course we remember you! I just wish you were here with happier news. :grouphug:

I have loved this woman's honesty and voice. I have missed her on the boards, and always secretly hoped we would meet at a WA meet-up. I too would like to send a card letting Kay know how much her posts have meant to me over the years. I am so very sad to hear this...

Oh nooooooo! Please tell Kay she is in our thoughts. She is a gracious, thoughtful, and talented person who always has something interesting to say. The world is a better place because Kay has been here. She welcomed me into her home a couple of times, and I had a wonderful time each time. Blessings to her, her husband, and her son. They are welcome in our home anytime.

Kay is one of the loveliest women I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. She is witty, compassionate, and can weave a story in a way that leaves you smiling and wanting more. There is so much wisdom there. This just stinks.

Natalieclare, thank you for letting us know. Give her a hug for us please and let her know how much she is cared for.

There are no words to convey the depth of sadness I feel right now. :crying:

Kay, you have been an inspiration to me and so many others. Praying for peace for you and your family. Please let us know if there is anything we can do.

Natalie, thank you for letting us know. :grouphug: