Menu

Kalanamak asked me to relay a message. :(

Natalieclare

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know what to say. I'm so sorry. That is so inadequate. She has always been one of my favorite posters. Over the years, her posts about homeschooling have been very helpful, but what has meant so much to me has been her insight and care for persons with mental illness. I've been inspired by her forthrightness, humor, and compassion. Is there anyone local who might know if there is anything we could do?

Your son is going to be all right. He's been so deeply loved and so well taught.

Thank you for everything, Kay.

Kay, I am grateful to have had you in my life. Your words while my dad fought for his life in ICU will ever be in my heart.

Know that you've touched many here. I don't know your spiritual situation, but I will be praying for you.

Please let us know if there's anything we can do for you or your family.

Kay, thank you for sharing your life with us, we are all the better for it. Thank you for your kindness, wisdom, clear headedness, and no-nonsense honesty. If you must go, may you go peacefully into the sunset, with no regrets. Know you are loved, and know you will be missed.

I am so sorry to read this.

Kay, I have always enjoyed your insight, personal reflections, wisdom and gentle humor. Anytime I saw your name appear in a post, I had to read it. I've always felt you are someone who would make an excellent author. I don't want to believe you are not well. :(

I will be thinking of you and your family a lot, especially your son.

Oh no! I'm so sorry and so sad! I also felt she was one of my favorite voices because of her practicality and level-headedness. This totally stinks! I'm especially devastated for her son and husband.

Thank you for letting us know and thank you, Kay, for all your contributions to so very many people all over.

Oh No. So very sorry to read this.

Kay was one of the first people to befriend me here. She was always kind, level-headed, honest, and funny as she plowed through the ups and downs of this life. She didn't sugar-coat reality, but she always faced it with a positive attitude (much like the little note we read from her in the OP). Her advice was always encouraging and wise and real. I looked forward to her take on some of the more controversial topics here, and I appreciated her homeschooling knowledge.

I will miss her, and my heart breaks for her family. What a treasure she has been to so many people.

I keep coming back to this message with a lump in my throat and tears in my eyes. I wonder if our families will ever know how much this board and the people on it mean in our lives? Someone I have never met in person, whos full name I don't know, whom I have no idea what you look or sound like and yet, Kay, as Kalanamak you have touched my and my family's life. I feel I 'know' you through all of your posts over the years. So, so sad today.