Menu

Kalanamak asked me to relay a message. :(

Natalieclare

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just in case you scroll through at anytime.

Kay,

You have been my voice of reason and comfort many times. I will never forget you reaching out when I first started homeschooling and telling me it would be ok. I might have been just another newbie with the October panics, but you really stuck out as a guiding light at that time (and that was years ago now).

You will be missed. You have made a mark on this earth, in the hearts of lots of people here, at work, and I am assuming elsewhere. This sure puts everything else in perspective this morning.

Peace be your journey. :grouphug:

Nicole

aka Dolphin

I'm so, so sorry to read about Kay. Her voice has always been a calming presence and her wit and turn of phrase make her one of the special ones here.

Her ds and my eldest boy are only a couple of months apart. My heart breaks.

Kay, you and your family are in my thoughts.

I bid you peace, dear one.

I am so very sad to hear this. I have appreciated Kay's wit and perspective over the years.

Kay, you had a way with words....I have often read your posts aloud to my family because they were such a pleasure to read. My thoughts are with you and your family. Strength and comfort to you.

Kay's last status update, Feb. 5: "The inscription on the grave stone of my father's GM and GF (he fought for the North in the Civil War): They dared to know the right, and knowing, dared to do it ..."

Praying for you and your loved ones, Kay.

Kay's last status update, Feb. 5: "The inscription on the grave stone of my father's GM and GF (he fought for the North in the Civil War): They dared to know the right, and knowing, dared to do it ..."

Praying for you and your loved ones, Kay.

I've been wrapping myself in her words. When I heard the news last night, I just wanted to run to her side and tell her how much she has meant to this group. The best I could do, though, was to search her posts/updates and just surround myself with her words. I hope we always have that part of her here.

I have missed her on this board. I always looked forward to her two cents, because she was so adept at being diplomatic, kind, and helpful (even when the thread was heated). I kind of hold her as a role model of how to navigate communicating on the internet. I hope her son knows how many people she has touched. I was 15 when my mother passed away, and I know she was concerned about how I would finish growing up. I am the person she helped me to become, and she needn't have worried. Kay has given her son a great foundation, and he will carry the love and wisdom she gave him in these formative years for the rest of his life. I am glad to know he has such an involved Papa who will make sure he is OK. Will you pass on our thoughts to her?

I don't want to be intrusive, but if she is open to receiving cards from us during this journey, I would love to write to her. If someone has an address (and permission to send under these circumstances) would they mind sending to me? She always had such good, practical advice. Again, if she'd rather not, I understand completely.