Menu

Kalanamak asked me to relay a message. :(

Natalieclare

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there away to get print out of all of Kay posts and send it book form for her son? So he can see how is mom was with others? I guess my thinking is maybe something she put on the board answering a question from a mom in a situation that he may face and know what advise she may give? Or what she thought about this or that. Or reading how many lives she touched by reading this thread.

I had the same thought and would help in putting this together. Is there any way of finding out if this is something Kay would want?

My mom died when I was 18 and I would treasure a book like that. It could be a 18th or 21st birthday gift to her son.

We could maybe do a book with topics and then specific advice or recollections.

On a where did you meet your spouse thread, she answered (22 May 2010), "He jacked up my house and put in a new foundation. Literally.

Almost 10 years ago. How time flies."

How did you get married (14 Dec 2012) "I married my ex in my brother's backyard (and my dear SIL, on meeting him the first time, whispered to me: you can get married in our back yard. So we did, 2 years later.)

Hubby and I said "I agree to be your spouse" to each other in front of the hospital chaplain by the sunny windows outside the cath-lab at the hospital where I used to work. It was Halloween. Kiddo was best man, and came dressed as a pumpkin. I timed it for lunch break so some nurses could make it. Someone even threw rice."

Parenting advice for a 7yo learning math facts (25 April 2011)

I try to remember the story (real or fictional I can't remember) of the 7 year old who comes on stage to play the violin. "Please, everyone remember I'm only 7".

As for "forgetting the math facts" you'll just have to get used to that :001_smile:. For the temper tantrums, I work on those the way I would any other fit. A little time out, a quiet but encouraging message about how much sooner we'll be done if he just listens to the instructions. Sometimes I just let him do it his way, and when he is wrong, I look him very seriously in the eye and tell him this is why we listen before we grab the pencil and rush ahead, and then he has to listen and do it all over again. It has sunk in. Slowly.

Slow deep breaths help me.

I really would not want to do this if Kay disapproves, but I think it would be wonderful - and I'd want to read all her advise in one place myself!

Kay-

I hope your days are pain free, filled with peace, laughter and family. I hope you know you are loved, and you left a mark for good in this world. I hope you know how much you have helped others, and how much we appreciate you. I hope you aren't afraid, for yourself or your loved ones. I hope you know that you have been an amazing mother to your Son. Kay.... there just aren't words enough to say all of the things I hope for you. I'll be thinking of you and your family.

I'm stunned and saddened. It seems like it wasn't that long ago she was posting some advice to someone concerning mental illness and now she's in hospice!?!

She will be missed.

Does she have a CaringBridge page or somewhere where we can keep up with her? This is such sad news.

I know it was already asked, but please can we send her cards or something?!

I don't want to be intrusive, but if she is open to receiving cards from us during this journey, I would love to write to her. If someone has an address (and permission to send under these circumstances) would they mind sending to me? She always had such good, practical advice. Again, if she'd rather not, I understand completely.

If someone is sending out an address through PM or whatnot, I'd love to send a note.

Agreeing w/all of the above. If there's contact info going round, I'd appreciate being in the loop.

I keep coming back to this thread, trying to figure out what to say. I finally realized there are no right words for such a sad, awful situation. My thoughts are with Kay and her family. I'm so very sorry and sad to hear this news.

:grouphug: Kay, if you come here and read this; know that you will always be remembered :crying: . You have touched the lives of others in a wonderful way. Your son is very lucky to have such a great mom, and he will always have special memories of your time together homeschooling. :thumbup:

Love you!!

:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

(thoughts and prayers for her family) Thanks for letting us know.. :sad: :crying:

Kay and her family have been on my heart and mind since I read this post yesterday. It made me think of something that happened to my youngest daughter when she was about five years old and playing in McDonald's playland. A little boy about three years old came right up to her and said, "I love you. You're beautiful." And it made me think of Kay and that we don't need to know someone long or well to see beauty in them. So Kay, please know that I love you. You are beautiful. :)

I keep coming back to this thread. Kalanamack's posts were always something I looked for. Her wisdom and wit have touched so many people it's hard to imagine that being gone. I take comfort in the belief that we live on in the memories of those who's lives we've touched. Kay touched many lives here.

Kay, I wish you comfort and peace in your journey. You will be missed, and remembered.

So, I wanted to let you all know that I am working on trying to get in touch with Kay's husband. When I called today, I just kept getting a busy signal. I know it's so frustrating to want to give the love and have no place for it to go. I will keep trying tomorrow.

Thank you

So, I wanted to let you all know that I am working on trying to get in touch with Kay's husband. When I called today, I just kept getting a busy signal. I know it's so frustrating to want to give the love and have no place for it to go. I will keep trying tomorrow.

Thank you for trying and keeping us all informed!

Since I don't post much, I'm sure Kay has no idea who I am, but I know who she is! Kay, your posts were practical, sensible, wise, and always encouraging...your humor often shone through your posts and provided many an uplifting moment for me too. I would love to have known you. I'm so sorry to hear of this news, and my thoughts are with you and your family.

Thank you so much!

This is such shocking news, and so incredibly sad.

I would always notice her avatar and thought of her as one of the "main" hivers. I would definitely always notice her postings; I think the only reason I hadn't noticed the drop off in her posts is how much less time I've been "on" this year. However, I always enjoyed reading what she wrote; she definitely has a style, or a "voice" that I can "hear" when I read. If there is a contact list generated to send cards, please add me to it.

For Kay:

Like so many others, your news has just left me stunned. I'm so sorry.

If ever a child was blessed to have a mama to remember, your boy has been blessed. What you've given him will be a powerful force for good in him. I've seen it in a couple of teens here that revere the remembrance of their missing parents--although they've hurt for a long time, they are both whole, healthy young adults, not walking wounded. I will pray that your dh and your boy will have many others that come alongside them to help them bear the grief.

God bless you, dear Kay.

"When she was just a girl

She expected the world

But it flew away from her reach

And the bullets catch in her teeth

Life goes on, it gets so heavy

The wheel breaks the butterfly

Every tear a waterfall

In the night the stormy night she'll close her eyes

In the night the stormy night away she'd fly

And dreams of paradise.

And so lying underneath those stormy skies

She'd say, "oh, I know the sun must set to rise"**

Kay, I wish that the fullness of your days, however many there may be, know enough love and light to sustain seven lifetimes. I wish healing for your son and your husband, and a way forward to meet a suddenly different and emptier world. I wish for the impossible, that somehow, you'll beat this thing, you'll come back on here, and we'll all eat popcorn and cupcakes and laugh at our melodramatic goodbyes.

Here's to bullets and long shots, Kay. Godspeed.

**lyrics to "Paradise" by Coldplay

Natalie and I have corresponded, and I will get your notes to Kay. If you send me a PM, I will send you my snail mail address. I'll collect the notes and send them on.

I will be out of town from 3/20 - 3/26, and will have limited internet access, so if I don't get back to you right away, don't despair! I will try to reply to your PMs once a day.

• 2 weeks later...