Menu

Gas prices in your area?

PinkTulip

I paid $3.99/gallon last night but passed 2 other places that were $4.19 and $4.49. Fortunately I work from home, but I’m also evaluating 20+ minute drives as to whether going to those places is necessary right now. 

Wondering how things are looking in your neck of the woods?

Edited by PinkTulip

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yesterday they were 3.59-3.99. (Dh finally said I'm going to use gas buddy when I fill up- I've been using it for awhile now there is such a huge variation)

I wish dh could work from home but he doesn't commute as far as many- 40 miles round trip. Dh has been driving my car to college, although I hate he's putting so many miles on it. It gets over twice the mileage and it is -140 miles round trip twice a week. He has a business trip next week 12 hours away and he's driving. I'm so glad that is paid for by the company.

lowest $4.19, highest $4.49 in my town. Large town close to us: $4.03-$4.37 DH filled both cars on Sunday for $4.09 (every other place was $4.19+ at that time). 

DH can work from home 1 day a week (35 miles roundtrip daily to work). I cannot work from home, but my work is only 12 miles roundtrip and 6 miles roundtrip to my second job (2x a week). So absolute minimum 212 miles weekly - ugh.  

Today DH is going 2 hours one way to a doctor's appointment, and this weekend I'm driving 12 hours one way to pick up DD from school. 

Costs according to gas buddy this morning. 

Edited by historically accurate

Yesterday I saw 3.89 and 3.99.

Dh can work from home almost all the time.  However his job is probably a 2 hour round trip away.  My kids all do activities that are 2 plus hours away 7 days a week.   How I wish that we lived closer to those.  We are waiting for the call for our newly built hybrid minivan to be at the dealer.  Didn't know that 7 months ago when we ordered it would be such a good idea. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mrs Tiggywinkle said:

$4.59 is average.  My husband filled up his large diesel truck yesterday.  There were tears and considerations of bankruptcy. 

I know! So hard on contractors and other businesses that must drive larger vehicles. Ugh.

I am really hoping to afford an EV equinox in the future, as well as a hybrid Sienna for road trips/van camping.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Laura Corin said:

I found a site that would convert UK pounds and gallons to US dollars and gallons.  Here you go: USD 7.68

https://www.globalpetrolprices.com/United-Kingdom/gasoline_prices/

image.png.1e3caffc507177cc2d2664fa84b2eaba.png

Oof. Do you happen to know how much of   that is tax revenue? Reducing the 30-58¢ per gallon tax will be the state level discussion of how to respond here. Sadly this discussion will happen with little talk about what the fuel tax funds and the implications of cutting that income or sunset provisions to reinstate the funding.

7 minutes ago, SusanC said:

Oof. Do you happen to know how much of   that is tax revenue? Reducing the 30-58¢ per gallon tax will be the state level discussion of how to respond here. Sadly this discussion will happen with little talk about what the fuel tax funds and the implications of cutting that income or sunset provisions to reinstate the funding.

Here you go: https://www.gov.uk/tax-on-shopping/fuel-duty

57.95 pence per litre.  I'll leave you to do the maths!

• Haha 1

$4.99 at Costco. My county tends to have the lowest gas price in the SF Bay Area. We were at SF on Saturday and prices were crazy as usual. My husband is thinking of taking the train to work when work from home ends. 
https://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/electric-car-sales-rise-amid-record-high-gas-prices/2830177/?amp

“The electric car market is turning into the Bay Area’s newest real estate market with people offering thousands of dollars over the asking price right now as gas prices surge.

Low inventory also has a lot to do with it.

Tony Behari with San Mateo Auto Sales said that he is currently seeing 10 times the normal interest in electric and hybrid cars.

“We actually have two customers coming to look at this one tomorrow,” he said.

He said it’s a 200% increase to be exact.

“I mean, we can’t stock inventory. That’s how bad it is,” Behari said.

For example, the Chevrolet Bolt is one of the more popular hybrid cars. The San Mateo Auto Sales said that type of vehicle doesn’t last more than three days on the lot.

With no stock at dealerships, a car like the Bolt can cost someone 35% more than just months ago.

According to Behari, the sticker shock is not stopping shoppers. He told NBC Bay Area Saturday that he received offers of $2,000 over the listed price.

“So, they tell me, ‘Well can I give you a deposit over the phone? What do I have I do?’ But for us, it's first come first serve,” he said.

The majority of the callers have the same fears. 

“A lot of the people I’ve been speaking to are all thinking the gas prices are going to go to $7 or $8 a gallon and they don’t want to be in that situation,” Behari said.

That’s not too far from reality in Menlo Park, where drivers are paying more than $6 a gallon. Well, those brave enough to stop at a local Chevron.”

$4.49 for the cheap supermarket gas yesterday, I expect it is higher today.  I am just glad DH has a work from home job now, but I am concerned about our upcoming trip, because we will be traveling where there are some of the highest gas prices.

It was $4.29 by me on Sunday.  I can't wait to see what it will be after today's announcement.  I also live in a small, rural town.  I did read the expectation was that prices would top off in May, but at this rate, what will they be?  At that was before the ban on Russian oil.  There is nothing we can do about it.  I know it is going to hurt a lot of people on top of everything else.