Menu

Another Stroke

MeghansMom

I had another stroke on Tuesday. I was at Weight Watchers (lost 27 pounds!) and all of a sudden I could not speak, what did come out was garbled, I could not swallow, was drooling and my left side (last time was my right side, ischemic and brain stem) was drooping. I was very confused and agitated. Meghan called her father and people at the meeting were worried and offered to drive me. They coded me a the hospital and gave me the tpa shot. They had to watch me 24 hours for bleeding and other things. I had a different kind of stroke this time. I think cerebellum? I have stenosis in my carotid arteries around 40 percent. The vascular surgeons are looking at my history to decide whether or not to do surgery. I am a little frightened and Meghan is very upset.

How terrifying! I'm glad you got to the hospital and I hope the doctors can figure out what needs to be done to help you.

If you can, ask around to make sure you have the best possible doctors and hospital for your condition. It's worth doing a little extra research to ensure that you get the right treatment.

:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

• Like 1

I'm so very sorry . I too had a stroke twenty months ago (which caused seizures )and they've not been able to determine the cause . It's very scary ...every.day. Praying that the doctors find answers for you and that you are feeling well soon. Impressed that you're typing so well and sending hugs, well wishes and prayers your way.