Menu

Prayers and good thoughts

4 minutes ago, Mrs Tiggywinkle Again said:

They believe it is a septic joint in my elbow but are considering endocarditis due to persistant chest pain. But my heart rate is high which could be causing that.

I’m so sorry! Praying for the whole situation. I know you know lots, but I hope you are feeling well enough to advocate for yourself or have someone who can do that for you.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Mrs Tiggywinkle Again said:

If you’re the praying type or good thoughts we could use them. DH is away at a fire class for this week and next week.  I have just been admitted into the hospital with sepsis. Please pray for our kids who don’t do flexible well.

Tell him to get home ASAP.

I know you yourself have seen too many pts go south in a heartbeat and you sure don’t want your kids waiting for Dad to come home if things go bad.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, pinball said:

I know you yourself have seen too many pts go south in a heartbeat and you sure don’t want your kids waiting for Dad to come home if things go bad.

I hate to be an alarmist, but this was exactly what I was thinking, too.

Better safe than sorry!

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, pinball said:

He can’t. He isn’t far away though and free in the evenings and home on weekends, but this is for work and is something that he needs for licensure. He is coming to the hospital tonight and just driving back to class in the morning.

Just bad timing.  Kids are with grandparents and are probably eating ice cream and happy.

Edited by Mrs Tiggywinkle Again
  • Like 14

8 minutes ago, Mrs Tiggywinkle Again said:

He can’t. He isn’t far away though and free in the evenings and home on weekends, but this is for work and is something that he needs for licensure. He is coming to the hospital tonight and just driving back to class in the morning.

Just bad timing.  Kids are with grandparents and are probably eating ice cream and happy.

Sorry! When you said he was "away" for this week and next week, I thought he was far away and wouldn't be able to help you or the kids. I'm glad that's not the case!

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Mrs Tiggywinkle Again said:

They believe it is a septic joint in my elbow but are considering endocarditis due to persistant chest pain. But my heart rate is high which could be causing that.

I keep coming back to this, hoping for an update that they have more of an idea where it's coming from so they can start treating you (are they already treating while looking for the cause?) I was trying to remember if you were recently ill or had elbow trauma. Those just seem like two very different potential causes. Really hoping for a rapid improvement for you.

• Like 6

I had UTI symptoms over the weekend but they rapidly went away so I didn’t seek treatment. No elbow trauma; woke up at 0400 yesterday with severe pain but I was out of town so I just took ibuprofen. Got worse during the day yesterday, drove four hours home, woke up this morning with chills, shaking, high heart rate and nausea. Went to urgent care for antibiotics and they sent me to the ER.

They did some IV antibiotics and fluids. Other than that is seems to be monitoring and repeat labs but my blood pressure has trended downward all day.

• Sad 23

34 minutes ago, Catwoman said:

Sorry! When you said he was "away" for this week and next week, I thought he was far away and wouldn't be able to help you or the kids. I'm glad that's not the case!

He is “away” but it’s driveable enough that he can come home for the night. The kids are still at grandma’s because he will need to be up pretty early to get back to class on time.

I managed to not have a fever but just spiked one. Probably all the ibuprofen wore off.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Mrs Tiggywinkle Again said:

They did. No strep, Covid, rsv or flu.

i was in a hotel so maybe a bug bite? It was a Hilton but still. There’s no evidence of a bug bite but that is the best guess.

I got a bug bite in my face underneath my eye.  Git an antibiotic from my doctor in the morning but had to be taken by dh to the er that night.  Turned out that I had antibiotic resistant peri-orbital cellulitis.  I wasvun the hodpitsl for 4 or 5 days.

I am praying for you and your family. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mrs Tiggywinkle Again said:

They did. No strep, Covid, rsv or flu.

i was in a hotel so maybe a bug bite? It was a Hilton but still. There’s no evidence of a bug bite but that is the best guess.

Did they rule out uti as source?