Menu

My cousin died

athomeontheprairie

:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

I'm so sorry.  The same thing happened in our family -- I had a cousin who died in his sleep when he was about 22 or 23.  An autopsy was done, but was inconclusive. They found several small things (most of them known issues), but said all of them together wouldn't have contributed to his death.  He was only six weeks older than me.

(But that was about 30 years ago.  I'm guessing technology is much better now at determining cause of death.)

• Like 1

I'm so sorry. When I was 20, my 18 year old cousin died suddenly. After an autopsy they said he died from Type 1 Diabetes. Something, he had never previously been diagnosed with. It was devastating for everyone. The entire high school football team came in their jerseys to the funeral, as he'd been a much loved player. 

Love and prayers to your family.

I am so sorry.  My thoughts and prayers are with your family.  About 20 years ago, my oldest daughters had a friend, age 13, who just didn't wake up one morning.  I was co-leader of a homeschool support group with the mom.  She sent her only other child, a son, into her room because she was sleeping later than usual and he found her dead.  It was very tragic.  I still remember the phone call from my friend.  Everyone was is shock.  They did an autopsy and found nothing.  Never could find a cause of death.  About 10 years later, my friend died from breast cancer, leaving her husband and son.  

• Like 1