28 weeks...and my water has broke...update post #1

MedicMom

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This morning.

They've confirmed it broke, sent me by ambulance to a larger hospital, and now they've admitted me for 5-7 days barring labor. They are in no hurry to deliver right now, so it's all just a waiting game. There is very little amniotic fluid left according to the ultrasound though.

Thank you for all your good wishes and prayers for this little guy. We are 28 weeks now, fingers crossed for 30.

Just encouraging here! 28 weeks is so scary BUT it is a HUGE milestone in the preemie world for successful, healthy delivery and baby! So while I'll be praying for you (weeks in the hospital pregnant is NO fun and stressful -btdt) just take comfort in 28 weeks is such a big deal!!! Prayers coming for you!

• Like 11

Prayers and good thoughts and  fingers crossed for you. You are in the right place.  A large hospital. :hurray:

Last week, near where we live, a young woman who was 7 months was alone at home. Her baby was on the way. She called the police and the 2 officers on duty in her neighborhood came to help her and they called an ambulance. Between their training for the Colombian National Police and the experience one of them had with his wife, they delivered the baby, before the ambulance arrived. 

• Like 3

Along with my continued prayers, I wanted to add some more encouragement to the other great stories in this thread.

Simon was a 28 week baby at birth. Since his release from the NICU when he was 30 days old, he has never needed to go to the hospital again. He weighed exactly 2.0 lbs at birth and was a tad over 4 lbs when placed with us. He is a great boy, smart and funny with a kind, loving heart.

Attention Baby: Stay put and enjoy your womb (without much of a view) longer, if you can. It is the best place for you right now! Although we are anxious to meet you, we would prefer to delay that honor for a few more weeks, if possible. We don't have a baby kilt nor cupcake shirt small enough for you. You must cook longer before your Hive unveiling!

:grouphug: :grouphug:

• Like 6

Hope he is hanging in there! May you be granted those extra two weeks. Our neonatologist told me that the more stress a pregnancy has had on it, the better the outcome for early babies. It actually helps to develope the lungs early. STick tight little one, every extra day is a blessing!

• Like 1