Menu

in hospital - hit by a speeding hit and run last night......

Joanne

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh no, Joanne!!! Thank goodness you weren't killed!!!

I wish I lived near you so I could come and help.

I hope you have excellent doctors and that they're able to help you feel better very soon.

I'll bet the driver was either drunk or on some sort of drug, and that's why he ran away. I hope they catch him and prosecute him to the fullest. This is just horrible. And the idea that the driver didn't even try to help you makes me sick.

I am so, so sorry. :grouphug:

Since you are out of an income see if the hospital can get you and emergency qualification for state health insurance.  Do this ASAP in case it is only backdated to the application date (hopefully it will be injury date but it depends on the state). 

Thank goodness your kids weren't in the backseat.  I am glad you got out of that car alive.  

If he had a passenger and left his vehicle behind, it is only a matter of time before they find him.  I hope he has assets/insurance.  

Don't worry.  The money stuff will get sorted out somehow.  Focus on your recovery and healing.  

Joanne,

I live about 30 miles away from you, but I come up that way every week to shop in the Rich/Rose area. In fact, I will be there on Friday. Please let me know which hospital you are in (would love to come visit) and what I can do. When you are released I would be more than happy to bring food, help you around the house, etc. Please let me know ANYTHING that you need.

I'm so sorry and will be praying for quick healing.  :grouphug:

:grouphug:  PTL you are alive and the kids were not in the car with you.  The passenger of the other car will spill who the driver was and he will be covering all your costs or your insurance will so don't worry about that.  Praying for your full recovery and that this asshole is caught and brought to justice.  Blessings to your friends that stepped up to take in your younger kids while you go begin to heal.  Have they given an indication of how long you will be in hospital for?