Menu

in hospital - hit by a speeding hit and run last night......

Joanne

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know Joanne IRL.  Since she's been posting here I'm going to assume it's OK to copy her FB status as I know you all genuinely care about her.

Update: the fractured ribs and pelvis are what they call "stable" and the best treatment is physical therapy. My limited movement puts me at risk for slow recovery and blood clots, so they are doing stuff around that. Apparently it's common for people with broken ribs to not like breathing, but that puts me @ risk for pneumonia. Working on that issue. Priority today is trying the walker and moving and increasing breath strenghth.

Also, she posted that she has a lubar fracture.   I don't know what that is. She found a chunk of glass in her nose.  As you can imagine, it was very unsettling.  She's in chronic pain.

No update yet on catching the person who caused all of this.

But he will be the one to deal with all the bills right? It can't be her fault. My room mate hit a car when she had no insurance. It didn't matter, she had to cover all bills. That driver paid nothing and the reason I know this is he was actually someone we knew. I know that years later my room mate filed bankruptcy on all of it, but the hospital, car repair bills all of it went to her not the  victim. He never paid up front or had anything to do with any of it all once the police report and all was filed. It just doesn't seem like she would have to worry about any of it since it was nothing to do with her and he ran.

He should pay for all of it, but if he's uninsured and has no money and other assets, Joanne will be stuck with the bills. My dh was hit by uninsured, drunk drivers not once, but twice.  They paid nothing because they had nothing.

I know Joanne IRL.  Since she's been posting here I'm going to assume it's OK to copy her FB status as I know you all genuinely care about her.

Update: the fractured ribs and pelvis are what they call "stable" and the best treatment is physical therapy. My limited movement puts me at risk for slow recovery and blood clots, so they are doing stuff around that. Apparently it's common for people with broken ribs to not like breathing, but that puts me @ risk for pneumonia. Working on that issue. Priority today is trying the walker and moving and increasing breath strenghth.

Also, she posted that she has a lubar fracture.   I don't know what that is. She found a chunk of glass in her nose.  As you can imagine, it was very unsettling.  She's in chronic pain.

No update yet on catching the person who caused all of this.

Thank you so much for the update.