Menu

in hospital - hit by a speeding hit and run last night......

Joanne

Broken ribs, hips, possible knee and clavicle. Definite bruised lung. Tremendous pain. Possible surgery.

Saw orthopedist, waiting on trauma dr. Can't breath or move w/o searing pain.

Car totalled as his the truck that hit me on a side street going 80 mph. The passanger of the truck was injured. The driver ran - lterally - away. Don't know if he was caught yet. I have no car, no health insurance, no income while I am here.

It took them 30 minutes to get me out of my car; the back seat was shared by 2 trees! I didn 't have any passengers.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh (expletive deleted).  This is a real disaster and terrifying to contemplate.  The only good things are that you didn't have any passengers and that you are alive!  Thank God you are alive!

I hope you get some good painkillers soon. I hope the driver had good car insurance, too.  I figure they'll catch him soon since his passenger was injured.

Try not to worry about having no car, no insurance, and no income right now.  That will all be worked out later. If he has car insurance then it'll come from his, if not yours will likely cover the loses and expenses.   Right now just worry about making a full recovery.  

Oh no! I'm so sorry, Joanne.  :grouphug:

Is there someone who could angle for some local media coverage and set up something like an indiegogo account to help with medical and living expenses?

I am so sorry you are going through this. Is there someone who can watch your children?

I cannot express how much my heart is hurting for you.

Just know that you have what little support I can give.

Lara

My 2 minor kids have been taken in by friends. Oldest is here with me @ hospital.