Menu

Prayers(Covid related)

Mrs Tiggywinkle

I have mentioned my cousin a couple times, but she is a 30-something hard working single mom of 2.  Dad walked off years ago and hasn’t been heard from since, so she gets no support and works a not well paying health care job.

she has just been hospitalized with Covid despite being vaccinated(her second shot was just over two weeks ago though).  She has double pneumonia and her sats are not staying up.  She has no medical history. Doctors say it’s likely a variant but they don’t know for sure yet.

Would you keep her in your prayers? She is really not doing well.

• Sad 55

43 minutes ago, mommyoffive said:

Oh no that is horrible news.  I am so sorry.  I am sending so many prayers to her.  Lots of hugs to you and the rest of your family.  Is family able to care for her kids? 

It’s a disaster lol.  My grandmother has deteriorated suddenly as well(late stage Parkinson’s and my aunt and Mom are so busy with her needing 24/7 care(no home health agency anywhere here has availability for an aide or anything has and my aunt still working full time.  We got my cousin’s (young teenage) daughter on last minute plane to stay with my sister in Florida for a while and I am taking her son since he’s best friends with my kids and stays with us occasionally anyway. 
My aunt just texted that they have her on bipap and may intubate if her blood gasses don’t improve quickly.  She is 36.

Edited by Mrs Tiggywinkle
  • Like 1
  • Sad 17

1 minute ago, Mrs Tiggywinkle said:

It’s a disaster lol.  My grandmother has deteriorated suddenly and my aunt and Mom are so busy with her needing 24/7 care and my aunt still working full time.  We got my cousin’s (young teenage) daughter on last minute plane to stay with my sister in Florida for a while and I am taking her son since he’s best friends with my kids and stays with us occasionally anyway. 

I am so sorry everything is hitting at once.  Sending some prayers to your grandmother too.

She is at the large city hospital now being evaluated for possible liver failure.  The pneumonia and breathing issues were clearing up but then she turned yellow, so they’ve sent her two and a half hours away for more evaluation.

Im getting all of this third hand at this point, so I don’t know specifics.  It’s such an odd illness.  We’ve had multiple family members with underlying and even sever conditions who breezed through it and a couple extended family members who are young and healthy get very ill.

• Sad 25

3 hours ago, Mrs Tiggywinkle said:

She is at the large city hospital now being evaluated for possible liver failure.  The pneumonia and breathing issues were clearing up but then she turned yellow, so they’ve sent her two and a half hours away for more evaluation.

Im getting all of this third hand at this point, so I don’t know specifics.  It’s such an odd illness.  We’ve had multiple family members with underlying and even sever conditions who breezed through it and a couple extended family members who are young and healthy get very ill.

I've been praying for her and for Alisoncooks' family. I'm so sorry; this is such a terrible disease. 

4 minutes ago, Garga said:

I didn’t know that people who’d had two doses could get a case that would require hospitalization. I’m floored and so upset for your family. Just when you think everyone is safe…

She wasn’t two weeks after her last dose when she got sick, so we assume she wasn’t fully covered.  It’s also confirmed she got the delta variant.

• Sad 5

4 hours ago, Garga said:

I didn’t know that people who’d had two doses could get a case that would require hospitalization. I’m floored and so upset for your family. Just when you think everyone is safe…

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medical/some-vaccinated-people-are-dying-of-covid-19-here-s-why-scientists-aren-t-surprised/ar-AALHnqO?ocid=msedgntp

The vaccines aren't 100% effective, and there will be some people who will not build antibodies against it even after being vaccinated (elderly and those with poor immune response). Those with comorbidities are at higher risk as well. I believe all of the deaths in vaccinated people have been those over 50 years old. 

• Sad 4

35 minutes ago, whitestavern said:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medical/some-vaccinated-people-are-dying-of-covid-19-here-s-why-scientists-aren-t-surprised/ar-AALHnqO?ocid=msedgntp

The vaccines aren't 100% effective, and there will be some people who will not build antibodies against it even after being vaccinated (elderly and those with poor immune response). Those with comorbidities are at higher risk as well. I believe all of the deaths in vaccinated people have been those over 50 years old. 

Fauci gave some encouraging statistics on the vaccines today, though it makes it all the sadder that so many people continue to die who didn’t have to:

Fauci in an interview published today:  Fauci told NBC that of nearly 10,000 US deaths in June, “about 99.2% are unvaccinated. About 0.8% are vaccinated. No vaccine is perfect. But when you talk about the avoidability of hospitalisation and death, it’s really sad and tragic that most of these are avoidable and preventable.”

Eta: Sorry, I just realized this is Tiggywinkle’s prayers thread, and not the coronavirus thread. I got my threads confused. I can remove if inappropriate here.

Edited by KSera
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, KSera said:

Fauci gave some encouraging statistics on the vaccines today, though it makes it all the sadder that so many people continue to die who didn’t have to:

Fauci in an interview published today:  Fauci told NBC that of nearly 10,000 US deaths in June, “about 99.2% are unvaccinated. About 0.8% are vaccinated. No vaccine is perfect. But when you talk about the avoidability of hospitalisation and death, it’s really sad and tragic that most of these are avoidable and preventable.”

Eta: Sorry, I just realized this is Tiggywinkle’s prayers thread, and not the coronavirus thread. I got my threads confused. I can remove if inappropriate here.

I think it’s great news!

my maternal family has just weird reactions with vaccines.  For instance, I’ve had two chicken pox vaccines and still don’t have it when the titers are drawn(and was exposed multiple times as a child).  I also don’t have measles titers despite fully vaccinated. One of my sisters and this cousin did not have rubella titers when pregnant despite full vaccines.  I have to wonder if there are other vaccines that just didn’t work for us for some weird genetic reason.

Its conjecture but interesting. No vaccine, including Covid, is 100%. 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Garga said:

The term for this is called “breakthrough” cases. There is a a lot of news about breakthrough cases if you Google that phrase. Delta variant  is especially notorious for causing breakthrough cases.

• Like 3

On 7/4/2021 at 10:30 AM, Garga said:

They are saying vaccination is about 94% effective at preventing hospitalization with Delta variant. Which is great, but there is still that 6%...and it sounds like she is a non responder to other vaccines, so may not have responded to this one as well 😞