Menu

Alan Rickman :(

elegantlion

I just read this in FB and came here to see if the Hive had posted it yet. So very sad. I'm not going to tell ds (at least not today). He has two tests and a basketball game after school. He loves everything Harry Potter and Professor Snape in particular. This just may be a Harry Potter watching weekend for us.

ETA: I also detest cancer. :(

Edited by Just Kate

That obituary seemed like it was rushed. I wonder if this was a surprise to even news people. Normally they have obits on standby for the people they "think" are going to die. 

How sad to be taken relatively young. :(

The article I read said "short" battle with cancer.  Maybe it was so quick, he hadn't let on to the media and it hadn't had time to leak.

:( We just watched Galaxy Quest this weekend.  It was the first time ds had seen it.

• Like 1

DD#1 noted the parallels between the age & stated cause of death - Bowie & Rickman.

Was sad to hear it this morning because he was such a talented actor & added so much to the roles he played.

(It didn't hit me as hard as Bowie.) 

DD#1 wants to know what other 69 yr old famous person has cancer since she thinks he or she will be next since "they come in threes."