Menu

My dog is at the end. :(

Ginevra

My dog, Sergeant, is an eleven-year old GSD. He had a constipation problem over the last few days; dh took him to the vet today. I was prepared for the possibility that he had an obstruction or secondary injury to the bowel from constipation. What I wasn't prepared for was the outcome: he has a large mass in the bowel. The vet gives no good prognosis and is recommending euthenasia within days.

I am so sad and especially sad for dh, who looooves that dear dog. :(

I'm so sorry, Quill. :crying:

Is surgery an option?

The vet says that, due to the way the mass is entwined with his @nus, he would almost certainly lose bowel control, even if they could remove it all. Additionally, it would probably not buy him even another year of life. Also, any sutures located there are obviously suceptible to infection.

The vet says that, due to the way the mass is entwined with his @nus, he would almost certainly lose bowel control, even if they could remove it all. Additionally, it would probably not buy him even another year of life. Also, any sutures located there are obviously suceptible to infection.

That sounds awful, and like even if the surgery was a complete success, poor Sergeant's quality of life would never be good again.

I'm so sorry, Quill. I know how hard it is to have to make that choice, even when you know you are doing the right thing. :grouphug:

• Like 1