Menu

A few wedding pics and a little wedding reflection (just a little CC, but pls all come in)

Chris in VA

Beautiful!!! I think this is a fabulous way to plan a wedding. You were crazy busy with wedding prep for two weeks and then it was over. Not 12 months of cake tastings and bridesmaid dress shopping and centerpiece arranging and  who is going to sit where and so on.  They look so happy!  

• Like 8

That last picture is priceless. So very special to have a genuine moment of happiness and laughter when you are so young and beautiful. I hope that laughter and joy reverberates through their entire married life. And the story behind it is so sweet. It turns out true romance does happen nowadays. :)

• Like 1

Well, ds is married!

Here are a few pics. The first is a pic of the guest book/gift table, showing their engagement photos.

The next shows the bouquets, which we put together in about half an hour, about 2 hours before the ceremony! The ladies are standing on the stairs of the farmhouse. There was a lovely porch across the front of it, and the wedding took place outside on the front lawn. It stayed nice until after the first dance, then it thunderstormed! We went into the house for the rest of the reception, which was great, because it was about 85 degrees.

The man holding the computer is the owner of the "farm." My dil's parents skyped from Russia. They got to see the whole ceremony, but not too much after that.

The last pic just shows the joy on ds and dil's faces!

Everything came together in 2 weeks. Her dress was handmade in about a week by friends and family in Ukraine. It was gorgeous. They bought the flowers at Trader Joes--roses, peonies, hydrangeas, and some white stalky thing that was really pretty! They cooked all the food themselves--apps included mini tacos, caprese salad, veggies and dip, meatballs--and there was grilled chicken breast and rice and potatoes, too. My son found his "suit" at Sears--he found the black jacket for $1.99, and no, I did not misplace that decimal point. He got the slacks and a shirt there, too. They found the ties at Walmart the day of the wedding!

When my dil asked me to put together the bouquets, I said I couldn't, but I could find someone who could! So I asked the owner of the property, and she calmly sat in her nightgown and my 88 yo friend, Anne, who had come with us, and I watched and "helped" as she put them together. I didn't know there was ribbon that dil had bought, so the sweet owner found some scrap ribbon and tied them together. The soft pink-peach she found for the bride's bouquet EXACTLY matched the tie of the man who walked the bride down the aisle. My God is sweet about details like that.

And the cake? LOL--WAY better than I could have done. I'll find a pic if y'all care, but suffice it to say it was really pretty and tasted delish!

Thanks for letting me share. I think they will be very, very happy.

So lovely. Ty for sharing.