Menu

my beloved dog has passed on

HollyDay

:grouphug: :grouphug:  We just lost our favorite cat a couple of weeks ago, also to cancer. I felt weird posting about it then with all the human losses that had just happened.  He was a big ball of love.  He was only 8yo; it was totally sudden.  He was healthy except for the cancer, which was blocking his GI tract so he couldn't eat or drink - he declined almost overnight.  Cancer sucks.  Losing fuzzy companions does too. :(  :grouphug: :grouphug:

Thank you for the hugs.  It is awful.  I had a terrible time sleeping last night.  He used to sleep on his bed at the foot of my bed and I could hear him breathe and snore.  The house is so quiet!!!  My remaining doggies had a terrible night too.  I was up letting them out several times.  Not sure if it was too many snacks or they are grieving too.  When dh would travel or work late, I was always comforted by my knowing my golden was there.  I figured if he was sleeping peacefully, then all was right with the world and I should sleep too.  We brought him home as a 3 month old puppy the week my youngest turned 1.  She can't remember life without him.  He was always there.  So very hard......

Thank you for the hugs.  It is awful.  I had a terrible time sleeping last night.  He used to sleep on his bed at the foot of my bed and I could hear him breathe and snore.  The house is so quiet!!!  My remaining doggies had a terrible night too.  I was up letting them out several times.  Not sure if it was too many snacks or they are grieving too.  When dh would travel or work late, I was always comforted by my knowing my golden was there.  I figured if he was sleeping peacefully, then all was right with the world and I should sleep too.  We brought him home as a 3 month old puppy the week my youngest turned 1.  She can't remember life without him.  He was always there.  So very hard......

The house is way to quiet when they are gone. I miss the clinking of the tags on the collar.  When we lost our previous dog, my dh picked up the collar one day and we all about burst into tears.   My current golden is getting up there in years and I to feel that when she is sleeping peacefully then all is right.  My dh travels a lot so when we hear a weird noise at night the kids and I all look at the dog and if she isn't interested then we go back to what we were doing.  An alarm system would never make me feel so secure. I don't know what I am going to do when she is gone.  :grouphug: 

:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

I'm so, so sorry. I lost my Lab two years ago and, before he died, totally thought I'd be fine because I had kids etc. Nope! I fell apart. I'd cry every hour, then every other hour, finally twice a day, once a day, once every other day etc. etc.

You'll make it, but it's incredibly hard. Shows how much you loved your Golden.

And 14! Wow! I was hoping my boy would make it to 13 and he missed it by a couple of months.

Alley