Menu

My not at all fun news

Rosie_0801

• Replies 775
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're pretty glad if you have a spare, I can tell you that.

You know, that is one of my biggest consolations too. An heir and a spare is no bad idea. It does make it hard to be down to your spare though. (Please everyone, take this in the spirit I mean it.)

Rosie, I hope your daughter helps you to get through each day as my son has done for me. I saw that she has a plan.  :001_smile:  A child's pragmatism in the face of death is really touching. When William died (from leukaemia, so it was expected) Edward was only 5. One of the first things he said to me in the morning when he woke and found out William had died in the night (at home in our bed) Edward took me aside and away from the community paediatric nurses and whispered to me 'Does this mean I can have all William's toys now?' Yes, Edward. Yes you can.  :001_smile:

I hope you have people around you that are helping with the practicalities that must be facing you at the moment. And I hope you have good people close by to pick you up when this hits you properly.

Thinking of you and your daughter most of the time here. Emma xxx

I am so sorry, Rosie.  :grouphug:

Be gentle with yourself and your dd. Grief works itself out over time.

I'm glad your dd has a plan. My dd was 8 when her sister died. She had to reprocess some stuff when she was a teen. Just be aware of that. Once they reach a new stage of maturity, they may need to deal with the grief again. My dd spent some time in counseling when she was 15 and it was an amazing help.

I will be thinking of you and praying for you. I hate that you are now with those of us who have lost a child.

:grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug: