Menu

Prayers needed for my mom (update: passed away)

Arcadia

Edited: My mom passed away peacefully. My maternal cousins are helping my dad with all the legalities. My entry permit is approved by the immigration there. Flying tonight 17hrs non stop.

ETA: PCR rapid test done at SFO. Negative so all required documents done. While on the pricy side, the process is very efficient. They use Abbott machines.

ETA: reached. Now at immigration for special case clearance. 

Edited by Arcadia
  • Like 2
  • Sad 34

My mom feel so bad that she ask my dad to look into nursing homes. My dad said she was crying 😭 (not US) For nursing homes as well as home based help, they charge based on type of housing as well as summation of children’s income. My dad is worried they will ask about my husband’s pay 😞 which means my mom would only be eligible for the expensive private nursing homes and not the midrange ones. 

• Sad 18

Bumping because my mom is still not doing well 😞 Thanks all of you

ETA: She is losing her will to live. My country of origin still have strict travel restrictions. My dad is hoping for the best and expecting the worse.

Edited by Arcadia
  • Sad 29

• Arcadia changed the title to Prayers needed for my mom (update: still very bad)
12 hours ago, Catwoman said:

I’m so sorry, Arcadia — I will keep praying for your mom. I wish you were able to go there and see her. 😞 

The flight back is 17hours and I would have to quarantine for 7 days on arrival. 

ETA: I would also need to apply for a visa (country of origin do not allow dual citizenship) and buy $30k worth of covid travel insurance before flying 

Edited by Arcadia
  • Like 2
  • Sad 7

The doctors are going to try one last bag of IV medications. If it doesn’t work, they will just let my mom slowly pass away. My dad called me and thinks there isn’t a point in me flying back now. 

ETA: The unspoken reason is I am the weakest person in my extended family and my relatives are probably scared I would fall sick on the 17hr nonstop flight back. 

Edited by Arcadia
  • Sad 40