Menu

Call Me Ish...

Chris in VA

I mean, GRANDMA!! :hurray:

Victoria Laurel, born 4:16pm, 6lbs, 14 oz.

She was a frank breech, so they haven't stretched her out yet to measure her. I don't know why I think that's hilarious.

:lol:

Congrats!

I was a frank breech and I remember my mom saying my knees were up by my head for weeks. She said she'd gently try to stretch them and they'd pop right back up.

Congrats, Grandma!

What a pretty name your granddaughter has. We'll all be waiting for photos, of course!

They will call her Vica ("Veekah") because that's the Russian nickname of Victoria. I am waiting for a photo, too! She has a bit of dark hair, I hear.

Congrats Grandma!!! So no c-section? 

Love the name!

Yes to the C-section. I think her little butt was engaged, so they couldn't rotate her around, and water had already broken when they discovered her breech presentation.

Congrats!

I was a frank breech and I remember my mom saying my knees were up by my head for weeks. She said she'd gently try to stretch them and they'd pop right back up.

Oh my!

• Like 2

I mean, GRANDMA!!  :hurray:

Victoria Laurel, born 4:16pm, 6lbs, 14 oz.

She was a frank breech, so they haven't stretched her out yet to measure her. I don't know why I think that's hilarious.

ETA: I just mean the way my son described it--"haven't stretched her out yet"--cute!

:lol:

Congrats!!! Love her name. :D

Thank you, everybody.

I am going to tell my daughter in law how wonderfully supportive and kind you are.

You are part of Vica's story now.

I think that's pretty wonderful.

"The day you were born, I asked for prayers and good thoughts in a special place called, "The Well-Trained Mind Forums..."

• Like 8

Congrats! I was frank breech (and, not a c-section. My poor mother).

It's totally doable, but most OBs won't deliver breech these days :)

Still waiting on those baby pictures, Grandma Chris :D

Congrats! I was frank breech (and, not a c-section. My poor mother).

It's totally doable, but most OBs won't deliver breech these days :)

Still waiting on those baby pictures, Grandma Chris :D

I was a vaginal delivery, too. My mom was an RN and she said things were a bit tense until my head was delivered.

I also remember she said she had a spinal and basically hopped out of bed and into the shower as soon as she could move. Her nurse found her and freaked!

I don't know how else her recovery was. I'm guessing she had an episiotomy.

Just another thing that sucks about losing her so young...stuff I didn't really know to even wonder about as a teen I'd love to know as a mom.

I keep coming in to see more good wishes--y'all are so sweet. I told ds, and he was really touched. Thanks again.

I won't be able to post a pic, because they are pretty private, but suffice it to say, she's a cutie. (All newborns are, aren't they? lol)

He wants me to come for "a week or two." I told him ask his wife what she thinks. But it's nice to be wanted.