Menu

For fun: What's your favorite ice cream flavor?

ILiveInFlipFlops

What is your very favorite flavor of ice cream?  

156 members have voted

1. 1. What is your very favorite flavor of ice cream?

• Chocolate
    • Vanilla
    • Strawberry
    • Mint chocolate chip
    • Chocolate chip cookie dough
    • Butter pecan
    • Coffee (with or without chips)
    • Birthday cake/party cake
    • Rocky road
    • Cookies and cream
    • Cherry vanilla
    • Vanilla fudge twirl/fudge ripple
    • Other (please tell!)
    • You couldn't pay me enough to eat ice cream

I have a little problem with mint chocolate chip ice cream. If it's in the house, I literally cannot stop eating it. It seems to hit my bliss point: It's supremely satisfying to me without having any factors that eventually make me sick of it. I'm not even an ice cream person! But mint chocolate chip is never safe from me. I was just sneaking some (again) in the kitchen when I started wondering if it's like that for a lot of people, or if people's favorites are more evenly distributed, generally. I do know that it's usually the top choice at slumber parties here, so I guess it must be fairly popular overall!

So spill it. What is the ice cream flavor you'd choose over all others, given the choice?

• Like 1

I voted chocolate, but a good combination of coffee and chocolate is where it's AT!!   :drool:

I'm a huge ice cream fan.  Schwan's is the absolute in ice cream.  There may be others that are just as good, idk, but I'm a Schwan's fan through and through.  :)  Any ice cream with cream listed as the first ingredient trumps those with milk first.  Just sayin'.  :D

• Like 2

Rocky Road.  Then Pistachio.  But not that horrible, all-natural white PIstachio ice cream. It has to be the fake, bright green stuff because the color TOTALLY affects the taste.  Mint Choc Chip comes in a very close third, followed nearly as closely by Choc Chip Cookie Dough.

Chocolate and peanut butter. It has to be chocolate ice cream with slabs of peanut butter in it. Generally we buy chocolate ice cream and then I put regular peanut butter in it. You can also melt the peanut butter in the microwave for a bit and pour it on. it's delicious. 

• Like 8

Chocolate chip cookie dough is one of my favorites.  I wish I could find a gluten-free version.  I miss it.

Also, the camp I went to as a teenager had teaberry ice cream.  I've never found it anywhere else, but it was so good.

• Like 1

I voted chocolate, but a good combination of coffee and chocolate is where it's AT!!   :drool:

I'm a huge ice cream fan.  Schwan's is the absolute in ice cream.  There may be others that are just as good, idk, but I'm a Schwan's fan through and through.   :)  Any ice cream with cream listed as the first ingredient trumps those with milk first.  Just sayin'.   :D

Coffee ice cream with chocolate syrup will do in a pinch! :drool5:

Oooohhhhh. I also bought coffee, but I wasn't too thrilled with it. It almost seems marshmallowy and kind of flat. Chocolate syrup might be just what it needs!

• Like 1

Chocolate and peanut butter. It has to be chocolate ice cream with slabs of peanut butter in it. Generally we buy chocolate ice cream and then I put regular peanut butter in it. You can also melt the peanut butter in the microwave for a bit and pour it on. it's delicious. 

OMG, have you seen those Ben & Jerry's commercials with the pints cut in half and the spoonable peanut butter core showing? Every time DH and I see one, we both gasp and drool a little, but we keep forgetting to look for them in stores. Given the prices and the size of my rear end, that's probably a good thing. 

At home, at present, I have coffee ice cream, that chocolate shell stuff, and cool whip.  

I know what I'm having for an afternoon snack after work today. ;)

Oops, I spoke too soon. I wonder if I can make a good Magic Shell knockoff here at home.The real thing is hard to beat. Hmmm...

Baskin Robbins Daquiri Ice. Oh. I might need to go get some NOW.

DO THEY STILL MAKE THAT?! Oh, that was right up next to mint chip when I was growing up, but I haven't seen it in years, and I was just looking at our local BR the other night! Maybe I need to find a full-fledged BR and not one combined with Dunkin Donuts. I was so in the mood for it the other night. Thanks!

I'm not a huge ice cream fan, but when I do get a craving I like Ben & Jerry's Half Baked (choc/vanilla with choc chip cookie dough and brownie chunks). Probably my all-time favorite is Schwan's chocolate w/ marshmallow ripple.

• Like 1

Whatever flavor I didn't have last. I like variety. The only ice cream I really didn't like was the peanut butter and grape jelly one. That one lived in the freezer for a long time before I finally decided to just toss it almost uneaten. Usually ice cream last a day or two tops though.

ETA: banana pudding ice cream is good, but not available around here.

• Like 2

I like my ice cream to have chunks.  Chunks of chocolate, chunks of nuts, just chunks.

Grocery store flavors: I like mint chocolate chip,  Turkey Hill Tin Roof Sunday, and Ben & Jerry's Pfish Food.

My absolute favorite is made by a local ice cream stand - double dark chocolate fudge crunch.  It's dark chocolate ice cream, with fudge syrup and chocolate cake crunchies.  Yummy.  I don't get it often because it's really not that local - about 30 minutes away.

• Like 2

A good vanilla with vanilla beans in it.

If not that, then chocolate chip cookie dough or cherry vanilla will do, but if I had my preference, I love a strong vanilla flavor.

Dark chocolate Klondike bars are also usually in our freezer - and the mint chocolate chip + Krunch versions for hubby and the middle son when he's home.

In general, I prefer a good milkshake to ice cream though.  Ice cream can (and often does) go bad in our house (freezer burn).

• Like 1

For store bought ice cream flavors:

#1) Coffee...Haagen-Dazs

#2) Breyer's Mint Chocolate Chip

#3) Coffee...Breyer's

I don't like all coffee ice creams.  I'm picky.   For Mint Chocolate Chip, I love Breyer's.   

For chocolate chip, my favorite is Baskin-Robbins because it has so many chips. :)

I do love many Ben & Jerry flavors....but they're not an every day thing.  Even Coffee Heath Bar is almost too much.

I'm not including Jeni's Splendid... or some of the fancier brands.  Not including local ice cream spots either.  We have two wonderful gelato shops here that I love.  

Favorite dessert was called a James Beard at this restaurant I went to.  No idea if he had anything to do with it, but it was a hot chocolate brownie, with coffee ice cream, and then drizzled with hot fudge, whipped cream, and nuts.

There was a chain in Florida many moons ago called Pebbles, and they had a Gold Brick sundae which was to die for.

A crepe restaurant called the Magic Pan used to some sort of coffee ice cream crepe that I loved.

Strangely, I do not like "real" coffee....but I did love Stewart's Coffee Milk when I lived in upstate NY.  

• Like 2

I voted chocolate but really any chocolate based ice cream flavor is fine (as long as there is no mint or coffee in it since I hate both of those flavors), but rocky road, PB chocolate, Chocolate and Brownies, Death by chocolate, etc any of those is equally unsafe around me.

• Like 2