Menu

Pray for Jean in Newcastle! Update post #110

RoughCollie

Just checking in here. Thank you for all the prayers and encouragement. My dad is rapidly approaching death. My sisters and I are trading off sitting with him. My mom has been so strong. It's the rest of us that are using up all the tissues. One sister will start crying (usually me) and then the rest fall like dominoes. It has been difficult because we haven't wanted Dad to suffer and the process has been a lot longer and difficult physically than I expected.

:crying:

:grouphug:

God bless you and your family, Jean, as you say goodbye. I hope that, for all of you, being together brings comfort and peace.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My dad passed away at 8 pm tonight.  Dad stopped breathing for a few minutes, my sister called all of us to tell us that he had passed away, called a nurse to call time of death and then suddenly Dad started to breathe again.  As strange as it sounds, God worked that out for the best because it allowed the rest of us to bring mom back to say a final good-bye before he stopped breathing for a final time.  My son, my two sisters, my mom and I were all with Dad when he died.  My husband and daughter were able to join us shortly afterward.  

My dad passed away at 8 pm tonight. Dad stopped breathing for a few minutes, my sister called all of us to tell us that he had passed away, called a nurse to call time of death and then suddenly Dad started to breathe again. As strange as it sounds, God worked that out for the best because it allowed the rest of us to bring mom back to say a final good-bye before he stopped breathing for a final time. My son, my two sisters, my mom and I were all with Dad when he died. My husband and daughter were able to join us shortly afterward.

So sorry for your loss Jean. (((Hugs)))

Jean, I am sorry for your loss.  And I am glad that you were given the chance to be with him at his passing, with your son.  God be with you all, and may your beloved father's memory be eternal.