Menu

Prayer request....regarding my boy who found his birthmother last year.

Rose in BC

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

This sounds serious and scary. :( I really wish there was a way for you and your dh to go out there and spend some time with him. It would seem that if anyone could manage to get through to him, it would be you -- and if it didn't help, at least he would know that you were there for him, and you would hopefully be able to take some comfort in knowing that you did everything possible to try to help him.

I'm so sorry that things are going so badly for the poor kid.

Wow you guys! Thank you. We had an unbelievable day today. My boy is safe. He's not living with family but is still in same town where my sister, her husband, and my adult niece (where he lived briefly) and adult nephew are loving my boy. Connecting with him weekly, etc. so that's good. He is in a social services youth shelter that he really liking.

I'll briefly mention he is keen on cutting all ties with us including guardianship. He's 16. A very broken boy. I don't think he can know the ramifications. However, his age gives him a lot of autonomy....I didn't realize how little we count as parents. We were in court today trying to preserve guardianship. After three times before judge, it was decided we will meet again within 45 days to work out an agreement.

Our son doesn't want a relationship but he cannot know the long term ramifications. But his will plays strongly into judge's decision. We learned a lot today. Cried a lot today. Couldn't believe this could happen in our case where child isn't in an abusive home. (Also was shocked that all this happened in open court. In our small town. I guess I figured family matters were discussed in private. I'm so naive.)

The positive side was we had a VERY compassionate and kind judge. I can't believe how kind.

And we have another kick at arguing why losing guardianship would be a detriment to our boy.

And, if you can believe it, while I was in one court room my dh was in another working out an extra judicial agreement for some mischief my eldest FASD boy was in trouble for. But that went super well. Community hours and apologies...he broke two windows. So no record.

I felt like we were a tv show.

And in between, I hosted an international delegation for lunch (part of my job). :). It was a roller coaster of emotions. Down, down, up for work, down......

Again, I'm touched by everyone's support. I know people were praying for us.