Menu

My friend died

Scarlett

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks everyone. I keep feeling like I will wake up and it won't be real. Tomorrow is the Memorial Service.....we expect a big crowd...I don't know how I will get thru it much less how her husband, and 13 yo dd and her parents will survive it. There will be a big gathering/meal afterwards so hopefully we can feel better coming together to celebrate her life and share our hope for her future.

Just wanted to send some :grouphug: your way. I have been thinking of you today. The funeral for my friend last year was a dreadful day for me. :grouphug:

Thanks to everyone who takes the time to offer sympathy.

I just painted my toenails pink. Wearing a pink dress. Ds13 is wearing a pink tie. He doesn't own a pink tie, because normally he is too cool for that, but I ask him if I could borrow a pink tie would he wear it. He said, " of course". Brought me to tears.

36 year old mother of a 13 yo dd.....married for 18 years......Our kids are 12 days apart and best buds their entire life.

She had battled an aggressive breast cancer for 4 years. We knew this was coming. But when I got the call Tuesday morning that she had less than 24 hours I could not stop crying. So I called her mom and told her I wanted to come if it would help. Or I would stay away if that was better. She said come....we need you here with us...and grand daughter needs <my ds13>.

So ds and I jumped in the car and began the 4 hour drive. An hour into that drive my friends mom texted me and told me she was gone. After spending some time on the side of the road sobbing, I resumed the drive....we spent the night.....friends and family came pouring in....we laughed and we cried.

Ds and I are home now. Memorial is Saturday. I just can't believe she is gone.

I'm so sorry. My best friend died of Inflammatory Breast Cancer a few years ago. It's so hard to deal with!