Menu

My friend died

Scarlett

Update----on page 3 post 102

36 year old mother of a 13 yo dd.....married for 18 years......Our kids are 12 days apart and best buds their entire life.

She had battled an aggressive breast cancer for 4 years. We knew this was coming. But when I got the call Tuesday morning that she had less than 24 hours I could not stop crying. So I called her mom and told her I wanted to come if it would help. Or I would stay away if that was better. She said come....we need you here with us...and grand daughter needs <my ds13>.

So ds and I jumped in the car and began the 4 hour drive. An hour into that drive my friends mom texted me and told me she was gone. After spending some time on the side of the road sobbing, I resumed the drive....we spent the night.....friends and family came pouring in....we laughed and we cried.

Ds and I are home now. Memorial is Saturday. I just can't believe she is gone.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hand wrote the Death notice while her mom and sister dictated. That was hard. Then the sister was going to email it to the newspaper but turns out I am a faster typist. So i did that.

We put a notice on Facebook to get the word out. Her mom ask me to put one on my page too in case I have friends the mom doesn't....

Her mom and I took my friends dd and my ds down to a swimming hole....they swam for over an hour.....and later the poor girl cried to her grandmother.....afraid she should feel guilty for having fun swimming.

My friend refused to discuss death down to the very end. I know she had to do that just to keep going....but I do worry that her dd needed more time to say goodbye.