Menu

Please keep my son in your thoughts and prayers

Noreen Claire

DS7 is spending the night on the pediatric neurosurgery floor of children's hospital for observation. He lost control of his bicycle and hit a tree. He has a concussion, stitches, and facial fractures. He's had an x-ray and three CT scans already, and will have another at 6am. 

I watched the lead-up in slow motion. I knew what was going to happen before it did, but I was too far away to stop it. (DS5 also went off the pavement and into the woods/trees, but he is smaller and was on training wheels, so wasn't going as fast and didn't hit a tree.) 

UPDATE:

We're still under observation. He's broken several tiny bones in his frontal sinus cavity, both the front part under the skin and the back part near his brain. They are watching to make sure he isn't leaking cervical-spinal fluid into his sinus cavity. He's in good spirits, though he does have a headache. He's under concussion protocols and sinus injury protocols. They believe the fractures will heal themselves sufficiently, so he doesn't need surgery to correct them now. However, we have to watch out for sinus issues in the future. They have yet to decide how long he will stay under observation in neurosurgery.

Thank you for your prayers and well wishes. It's been a long 24 hours here.

Edited by Noreen Claire
  • Like 1
  • Sad 59

We're still under observation. He's broken several tiny bones in his frontal sinus cavity, both the front part under the skin and the back part near his brain. They are watching to make sure he isn't leaking cervical-spinal fluid into his sinus cavity. He's in good spirits, though he does have a headache. He's under concussion protocols and sinus injury protocols. They believe the fractures will heal themselves sufficiently, so he doesn't need surgery to correct them now. However, we have to watch out for sinus issues in the future. They have yet to decide how long he will stay under observation in neurosurgery.

Thank you for your prayers and well wishes. It's been a long 24 hours here.

• Like 12
  • Sad 7