Menu

Just for fun: What do you see from your window?

J-rap

Since we're all stuck in our homes far more than we're used to, I thought it might be fun to see what others see everyday from a window of their home. 

Here's a view from one of our windows.  (There's usually quite a bit of green out there, but not till May.)303593398_IMG_70742.thumb.jpg.693e1cc3715f3e63a0bcf628d56c6356.jpg

• Like 15

Any window I look out of shows trees.
Through some of the front windows, I can see down the driveway (between trees) and see the house across the street.  The only two windows on one side of the house gives some exposure to the house next door, so we almost never open those curtains.

We used to be able to see the mountain opposite ours from our master bedroom’s sliding glass door, but the trees have grown too tall, lol.

• Like 4

I won't post a pix, because all I see is a mess. LOL The bbq grill is in front of the  slider because dh is working on a corona virus-isolation-water/fire-table-thingy-project. 

My kitchen is covered in paint samples, brushes and the like, so my mess isn't any prettier.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Jenny in Florida said:

The birds must have read my post. This guy made an appearance just a few minutes after I clicked Submit.

IMG_20200409_184330257.jpg

cool you have cardinals.  I love those bird feeders.  I've weighted it for smaller birds only - the stellar's jays would take what they wanted, and leave the rest on the ground.  now I have finches and chickadees - and they can empty two feeders full of sunflower seeds in <two days.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MEmama said:

The tree limbs that are snapping and falling in our yard and across the road in the snowstorm. It sounds like gunshots outside. It’s going to be a long night. 

We're just switching over in VT now - it was sleeting last time I looked. Here's the view from my deck. That was taken a couple of weeks ago and the snow is melted. Well, it may look similar tomorrow actually depending on how much snow we get tonight

1134641150_ScreenShot2020-04-09at9_15_27PM.thumb.png.716765df48ae102de0b9a506f2d3ff77.png

Edited by AmandaVT
  • Like 15

35 minutes ago, Patty Joanna said:

My dh chasing Rufus the Duck our of the pool.  We named him Rufus because he flies up to the neighbor’s roof and laughs at us.  

My sil get's frogs in her pool.  they tend to die if they don't get rescued fast enough.  (at least in the summer when they get it up and running. - most of the year they just leave it alone.)

56 minutes ago, Momto6inIN said:

It's dark now so I can't add a picture, but if you've seen an empty corn field with nothing else for a mile in any direction then you've seen it 😊

my mother's cousins (older boys being mean to a little girl) - would take her out in the corn field, and ditch her there.  there were nine boys in that family (two girls) - they were known for the trouble they got into.

• Like 1

I look over the back porch and back yard. Our property extends past the fence over the top of the hill.
The second (not very clear) picture is just behind the fence. I planted wildflowers there many years ago. I don't mow until they have gone to seed (probably annoys my neighbors)! These are mostly Indian Paintbrushes. 

WindowView.jpg

flowers.jpg

• Like 16

1 hour ago, Bambam said:

I look over the back porch and back yard. Our property extends past the fence over the top of the hill.
The second (not very clear) picture is just behind the fence. I planted wildflowers there many years ago. I don't mow until they have gone to seed (probably annoys my neighbors)! These are mostly Indian Paintbrushes. 

WindowView.jpg

flowers.jpg

I love it.  I'm looking to plant a wildflower patch on my lawn too.  We have an acre and I'm not a big fan of lawns.  

With telecommuting from home, I have been sitting outside for a lot of meetings online and it is killing me to not be able to go in the pool yet!  It has been pretty chilly outside and the pool is still very, very cold.   I did stick my feet in the one day it warmed up enough to allow me to do it.

images.jpeg.9a6f8d314198fb52870a6ecc5ac86d15.jpeg

Edited by DawnM
  • Like 12

I envy all of you who have a view of water...not a kiddie pool, but rivers, lakes and ocean!

Too dark to take a pic but I can see a lot of roses (planted by someone who knew what there were doing before me), (still) lush green lawn and my much beloved lemon bush.  :)

Edited by Liz CA
  • Like 8

When I moved here the view out of the lounge window was the clothes line I cut that down so now I have a view of - the neighbour's garage.  Actually I quite like it as it is long and low, white stucco with a brown tile roof and behind it down the street is an enormous tree.  If I look from the right angle it feels almost rural.  If you look from the wrong angle you can see the main hospital and a bunch of houses.

• Like 3