Menu

My dh has been gone six months

Teresa in MO

:grouphug:  I'll admit to never asking, but you have been on my mind during the last 6 months and I've wondered how you are doing.  I can only imagine how difficult it all has been, esp with a huge hole in your life.  Thanks for the update and reminder.  I guess part of what kept me from asking is not knowing if I would set off some painful memories or if it would be comforting.  It helps to have your views on that.  Take care.   :grouphug:

• Like 4

Oh dear!  I'm so sorry that I "may" not have known.  (there's so much activity on this board that it's hard to keep it straight sometimes).   This is so sad.

When my Dad passed away Aug 2015 a friend of mine who knew about it said she purposefully waited until a month later when, as time moves on and reality sets in, it would "hit" me.  I thought that was very discerning.

Hugs to you! 

• Like 1

It is so hard when it feels like no one remembered or cares. Logically you know it's not true, of course. But sometimes those feelings of lonliness can overwhelm us. I'm so sorry for your loss.

:grouphug:  Teresa and family  :grouphug:

So very sorry for your pain and loss.

It's like the protective "numbing" shock at the time wears off at about 6 months, and everything is so freshly painful again. Praying people in real life will also come and provide those hugs and the much-needed support at this time.

:grouphug: I'm sorry. I watched my sister go through grief as a young widow, and she had a similar experience. And even being that close, I've forgotten it somewhat over the years. I really appreciate that you took the time to update and to share that perspective. It's important to be reminded. I'm going to send a card to someone I know is still grieving today.

Edited by sbgrace
  • Like 1