Menu

How many a Trick or Treaters will you get?

PinkTulip

I live at the end of a long cul-de-sac of about 25 houses. Our neighbors block off the entrance to our street and every house participates. Our street has earned quite the reputation for being a great place to trick or treat because literally van loads of kids get dropped off to come here. Some neighbors are a little grumpy about that, but I am happy to provide a safe place where kids who live in sketchier areas can come.

We will easily get 800 trick or treaters - I have been buying candy weekly since the first of September!

• Like 3

We were told to expect 100, but we haven't gotten anywhere near that many.  There weren't a lot of other apartments on our floor that signed up to do ToT and we're way down at one end so I think our floor is getting skipped.

The place we lived the last two years also had at least 100 kids, but since our house was in a weird place in the neighborhood, we had almost no one stop by.  Someday we'll live in the right place for lots of ToTing.

Zero.  We live in a gated community with 17 houses and only six or seven including ours have children in them (and by children I mean under 18 - four houses have kids elementary age or younger).  At 7 the secondary gate closes so you can't walk in.  In order for cars to come in at any time of day you need to be let in by a "live" person opening the gate (via phone to a resident or from the remote guardhouse if they are on a resident's approved list).  Kids that live in our neighborhood, if they trick or treat, go elsewhere to do it.

• Like 1

We don't usually get very many, but 23yo ds put a bunch of decorations up in the yard so we're hoping that takes care of the problem.

I'm all set with a cauldron full of kiddie candy for the littles and a tray of chocolate truffles for the teenagers.

The neighbourhood's okay but not great and we're on a fairly busy street.

• Like 1

None.  We live rural on a road many don't realize exists and even our neighbors take their kids elsewhere to trick or treat (as did we when our kids were young).

We always buy decent chocolate - just in case.  Then we have to eat it ourselves.  Such a shame... each year.  :coolgleamA:

• Like 5

None here too.  We live in a small dead end neighborhood that wouldn't be bad except there are no streetlights, it's very hilly and the houses are spaced out pretty far.  Very very dark at night.  

Our town does a Truck or Treat that was last weekend and I think a lot of people T&T in a neighborhood about a mile from us that is a loop of big (not quite McMansions but close) newer houses.  We usually go over to my mother's house and T&T on her street which has no sidewalks but is flat with front lawns.  A lot of people drive into her neighborhood from neighboring areas although the houses fall more into the bungalow and modest category.

• Like 2

Plenty.  I bought about $50 of bite sized chocolate (Twix, Snickers, etc.), Skittles and Starburst and we gave it out in less than an hour.  There were still plenty of trick or treaters out when we came in.  I like Halloween, but I don't love it enough to spend more than that, or to stay outside for hours and hours.

• Like 1

None here too.  We live in a small dead end neighborhood that wouldn't be bad except there are no streetlights, it's very hilly and the houses are spaced out pretty far.  Very very dark at night. 

sounds like mine - except we only have one rather steep and long hill.

• Like 1

Well, I can usually count on 50, but this year we got like 10!  I am sad!

I think it was because it is a Saturday night.  I think a lot of people either went to parties and skipped T&T or they had less pressure to get done early so they went to the 'better' area. 

I have never had so few.  Good thing I gave out pretzels this year. I have zero desire to eat them, lol.

• Like 1

Not many children here-- but the few houses that give out candy give out a lot of it-- so my children have cleaned up for years and we always stay faithful to our neighborhood (for fear that if we don't show up, everyone will stop handing out candy!!) but this year three new families with children moved in, so I am hoping a get at least three doorbell dings!!

• Like 1

Zero.

We live on a dead end country road. There are about a dozen houses in our neighborhood, but they are far-ish apart and mostly set back from the road. Only one other family has (young) children. And their youngest is...10ish.

In the entire time DH has lived here, there have been a grand total of 3 ToTers. The high school kids of two of the families came. By some stoke of good luck, we actually had 3 full-sized candy bars in the house. 

• Like 1

I didn't count, but for the first time ever, we ran out of candy!  There were lines of cars in the street (little neighborhood cul-de-sac), but I had to shut down when a truck pulling a trailer full of kids was on the way.  We only have 6 pieces of candy left.  Not enough for everyone.  I was so sad to run out of candy.  I was having fun!  LOL...

• Like 1

zero

I also would give coins if anyone did come. But no one ever has even in good weather and this year it is pouring rain. I don't even think the kids from here go ToTing elsewhere, though a few may go to a church event or haunted house somewhere--though probably not this year with the heavy rain and possible flooding.

• Like 1

We had about 100. I'd say at least 15 were families there for Teal Pumpkin, so that added a lot (I joined a local board that listed allergy/Gluten safe houses). I also had a van of clients for the local developmental disabilities agency-adults who are SO excited to go trick or treating.

And I think one of my favorites was a group of high school girls still wearing their uniforms, bows, and makeup from their cheer competition today, plus eye pencil cat whiskers. There was a scholastic UCA qualifier here today, and I'm guessing they were celebrating and decided to go trick or treating at the spur of the moment. (I'm very glad DD didn't have a competition on Halloween-I hope that all the elementary kids got home in time to trick or treat tonight!).

• Like 3

We didn't count but I estimate 100. We only passed out candy for an hour then stopped by a friends house in another neighborhood. We live on sort of a Cul de sac so we don't get as many kids as the houses on the main street.

It was cold and there are two major events in the area tonight so I expected numbers to be down, but they weren't at all.

• Like 1

We had a ton in this neighborhood.  It was nice.  Usually people do malls or trick-or-trunks.

There were even people who kind of tailgated (for lack of a better word) on their driveways....with BBQs set up, coolers with drinks, etc.

I bought 150 pieces of candy and we were out at 8:30.  

We had older teens too, which was nice.  I saw a lot of parents dressed up with their kids too.

• Like 1

Started the tradition in our neighborhood in Bangalore 9 years ago.

Now it is a BIG deal! 

We had a Halloween carnival in the afternoon, trick or treating for two hours in the evening and a Halloween dance party at night.

We had 150 kids plus families!

I am exhausted!

• Like 5