Menu

Am I the only one

mellifera33

No, I am working.  I like football, but not enough to spend half a day on it when it isn't even my team playing.  If it's a close game I might try to watch the ending.

I gave my kids a fair chunk of work to do today, since they skipped all their usual Sunday activities due to the snow.  My sister (a rabid football fan) is on her way to shepherd the kids and cook dinner while I work.  I am sure she will want the game on.  We'll see how this goes .....

You're not alone. No one in my family likes or watches sports of any kind. 

My husband went to the grocery store earlier to pick up some stuff for our son to take back to campus later today, and he couldn't figure out why there were so many men buying beer and snacks . . . until the cashier asked him who he was supporting in "the game" today and he had to admit he didn't even know the names of the teams playing.

My husband and son are out at the moment browsing the big sale at the gaming store. I'm doing the kid's laundry and watching Gilmore Girls (again) until I have to log in and work for a couple of hours. We're planning Indian food for dinner, after which I'll drive my son and his clean laundry back to school.

You're not alone. No one in my family likes or watches sports of any kind. 

My husband went to the grocery store earlier to pick up some stuff for our son to take back to campus later today, and he couldn't figure out why there were so many men buying beer and snacks . . . until the cashier asked him who he was supporting in "the game" today and he had to admit he didn't even know the names of the teams playing.

My husband and son are out at the moment browsing the big sale at the gaming store. I'm doing the kid's laundry and watching Gilmore Girls (again) until I have to log in and work for a couple of hours. We're planning Indian food for dinner, after which I'll drive my son and his clean laundry back to school.

Now that you mention it I saw a lot of men buying frozen pizzas yesterday.  LOL 

I don't mind college football, but I think professional sports teams are WAY too overpaid and there is way too much dirty business involved that gets swept under the rug.  Yet people allow their kids to "worship" athletes.  Ugh.

I have zero interest in football. I read when DH watches sports, which is only college basketball. He just told me he's not watching the Super Bowl. I think we'll watch Raiders of the Lost Ark since that is what we have out from Netflix now.

Oh, I'll mention that dd16 works in a sports bar/restaurant. I told her she will likely be working late tonight. haha

I'm 42. I think I've seen 4 maybe 5 (tops) Superbowl games ever. The 4 (maybe 5?) that I saw were at friends' houses and DH and I hung out by the snack tables with the spouses who didn't care about the game while the Superbowl enthusiasts had fun watching together.

We are all into football and none of us are planning on watching the game.  I can't stand commercials, not even the ones played during the Super Bowl so I won't be watching those.  Even some football fans I know aren't planning on watching the game today.

Nope! I absolutely could NOT care less about it.  We live DEEP in Seahawks country, and I'm surrounded by the "12," but I'm like...meh.  During football season, Fridays are known as "Blue Friday," where all Seahawks fans wear blue and/or green.  It's EVERYWHERE.  Loads of offices and other work places take part in it.  This past Friday was especially blue and green.  I was at the store, and I swear I was in a sea of blue and green.  I stood out in my pink!

James Bond had to fly to AZ on Sunday, right around the same time the Seahawks were flying out.  OMG, it was the worst!  They closed off the main highway exit to the airport, and rerouted everyone.  The reroute though took us through the cross street where the busses would be traveling.  There were THOUSANDS of people lined up along the street, wearing Seahawks colors, carrying banners and flags, waiting to wave at the busses!  It was early morning, and cold.  No thank you!  At the airport, the police were there, removing people who weren't flying, or dropping off/picking up someone who was flying.  It was ridiculous, and a pain for the people who WERE flying.  It's not the Seahawks fault, as they did have to fly, but it shouldn't have been advertised all over the news when and where they would be.

My PLAN was to have a quiet night home ALONE while the 2 girls went to teens at church and ds with the 2 boys went to watch the game at church for a Super Bowl party.....................but alas, 10-12 inches of blowing and drifting snow has everyone home due to drifted shut roads and poor visibility.  

SOOOO.......older ds went downstairs and got his TV and put it in the living room and we hooked up the portable indoor antenna to it so they can see the game (TV in there is really old and only has DVD player hooked up---no broadcast tv and no cable).  I made the Puppy Chow younger fds was asking to bring to the party tonight and I put in 2 frozen pizzas.

I keep hearing yelling and cheering coming from that room.........from a bunch of kids that don't really understand the game :lol:

My plan is to brave the storm and go feed the horses in about 1/2 hour and then hunker down with my kindle book.......and try to avoid the puppy chow that is highly addictive.

We don't really care.  I didn't know it was this weekend until yesterday and had no idea who was even playing till this morning.  I don't care about sports.  If we had a party to go to that would be fine, but we don't so don't care.  

I spent the afternoon pulling out containers, filling them and prepping the little ground space we have for the spring garden.  I need to get more dirt tomorrow and finish getting everything ready for early spring planting. At this rate I think I am almost running behing for a few veggies. 

I love snow and winter in general and miss both, but since I lose a growing season every other year for a move, I'll trade it this time for the extra long veggie garden season! 

In Seattle, no TV reception, not a football fan, not even one tiny little bit. 

And who needs live tweets when the neighbors make it abundantly clear what is going on?  I don't mean my apartment neighbors or the people next door.  These folks live 3 lots down from us.  I don't mind, let them have their fun. 

#notevenafairweatherfan

I studied this afternoon and then tackled some housework and now I'm here.